Around 2000 to spend on whole speaker package, what do I do?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Peter Keeling, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Peter Keeling

I have about $2000, lets say $1900 to spend on a complete 7.1 speaker package. Which speakers are the best at this price? I want full loud movie theater sound, and I tend to like bigger speakers. Also where is the best place to find the best price, do I go through a dealer, or online?

2. DavidCooper

DavidCooper Stunt Coordinator

Check the thread a few down....A guy asked the same question as you are. Lots of good responses there.

Check out Swan's!!!!!!

3. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

It really depends on the brand. Also realize that if you buy some brands through unauthorized dealers you may be voiding the warranty (Klipsch, for example).

You should go out to some dealers and audition to get a feel for what you like. Listen to B&W, Paradigm, Klipsch, Polk, etc. After you do this, look at the options online like Swans, Rockets, etc and read reviews to see how these compare to the speakers you've listened to. It is likely you'll get the best bang-for-the-buck through one of these online-only companies. Look to SVS or Hsu for your sub.

4. Nhan_H

Nhan_H Second Unit

What the others have already said. Internet-direct will provide the best bang-for-the-buck. Check out the following:

1. Onix Rockets (Av123.com).
    2. HTD (HTD.com)
    3. Ascend (Ascendacoustics.com).
    4. Axiom (Axiomaudio.com).
    5. Swan (theaudioinsider.com).
    6. Aperion (aperionaudio.com).

Let the search begin [​IMG]

5. Steven_Jobe

Steven_Jobe Stunt Coordinator

You can find the Polk RTi8's(which I have and absolutely love) for a great price now at circuit city. They're having a 40-60% off sale and it's a good place to look and listen.