What's new

Arnie's "Collateral Damage" DVD release date? (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I think this is his best action movie since True Lies (even though I think True Lies is better). I would assume we'll get it late this summer although I've heard nothing about it yet.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
It's Columbia Tri-Star, and they usually have a very tiny window between theatrical to video releases if a movie doesn't do well. Collateral was a fun flick, but it's pretty much pulled in all the money it's gonna pull in in the States, so unless it does really well abroad, I would expect an announcement not too far off.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Columbia Tri-Star is doing the U.S. DVD?

How?

When I saw it in theaters, the Warner Brothers Pictures logo came up then the Bel-Air Entertainment logo.

When did Columbia Tri-Star make an agreement to distribute this film on DVD in R1?

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
Collateral Damage is a Warner Bros release and not from Columbia Tristar.

They released The Sixth Day from Arnold before Damage.

Expect a July/August release for Collateral Damage.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Anyone know the OAR on this? My theater had the curtains pulled way in on the screen so it seemed like only about 1.66:1. I felt like I'd paid movie ticket prices to watch a damn TV.

Daniel L

Stunt Coordinator
It's soft matted to 1.85.

I don't think I've ever seen Andrew Davis shoot a film any other way.

Look for it around June or July. Warner needs to avoid tripping it's other releases in August. (Assuming the rumors about Lord of the Rings are true.)

Daniel L

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I'm an idiot, I got the studios mixed up. Collateral Damage is indeed a Warner Brothers release. My mind was stuck on Columbia from the 6th Day. And Malcolm, you're lucky, our lovely theater had some kind of grime on the lens, causing the movie to look like it was being watched through a fish-eye camera....not sure what the aspect ratio is when the picture seems circular due to dirty equipment!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks