What's new

Army Of Darkness: Official Bootleg Edition-Is this just the Director's Cut disc AGAIN (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Saw it at Amazon & wondered if it's any different to that which has been out once a year for as many years as I can remember.

Tony Scello

Second Unit
I've never seen the director's cut and was wondering if its considered to be better than the theaterical cut. I was thinking about picking up Anchor Bay's THX theaterical cut for as little as $12.99 but may hold off now. Anybody have any solid information on this new bootleg edition? Is it going to have that popular audio commentary with Bruce Campbell that so many rave about? Thanks.

Christina_DQ

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure it's the same DC release with all the extra's on that disc,just re-packaged!.
As for which version to get. I own the L.E. so have both & i'd say thats the best way to go.
The Director's Cut is pretty kewl & better than the theatrical version to a point.Such as since i was used to seeing the theatrical version so many times.....the little ash sequence while much longer in the DC doesn't have any cartoonish music like in the short version. So while it's funnier & has alot more happening,it feels out of place with little to no music. Also since the music is somewhat different throughout(same score-just used more or less than in the theatrical release) it makes certain scenes seem slower & the pace slower as well.
Also while the transfer is watchable(to me),it doesn't look that good & i really wish they just edited the additional scenes into there remastered & goregous looking theatrical print. So while the added footage would'nt be the best quality-the rest of the movie would look good at least,instead of the whole thing looking rather muddy.
Also both versions have different endings! Each is kewl i think,so it's hard to pick one(another reason to get both versions).Theres the supermarket ending in the theatrical version & the apocalpyse ending in the DC.
The commentary's very entertaining as well,which is another reason to get the DC.
I like both versions equaly-while the shorter version moves much quicker & has a frantic pace,with wild over the top camp humor. I miss alot of the added scenes in the DC......like the extended windmill sequence with ome great/beautiful shots & of course the longer little ash scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks