What's new

Army of Darkness: Bootleg Edition (1 Viewer)

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
My brother works at Coconuts and he brought home Army of Darkness: Bootleg Edition. I don't have time to watch it but I'm eating a meatball sub and watching, the DD track is pretty nice. The menus aren't so much spectacular but are still appealing. Now this is where it's a plus, the extras. The extras are very nice, art and 4 deleted scenes (3 in which I haven't seen). It was also remastered well because my brother has all 3 (and a couple of different versions, I believe 2 and 3) and the quality isn't so great (VHS, still, it isn't all the DVD, it's the remastering). Enjoy.
-Bert
:emoji_thumbsup:

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Wait a minute, I thought AOD: Bootleg Edition was just the directors cut with a few extras. What's all this about a nice transfer and a DD track (unless it's just the old 2.0 DD track)?

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
You can use the words "nice transfer" after seeing the quality of some of the actual bootlegs of the director's cut.
:D
And the Bootleg Edition is just the second disc from the Limited Edition two disc, again repackaged with new artwork on the outside, inside, and on the disc. So it is presented in Dolby Surround English only.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
It's not the greatest transfer by any stretch, but if you're a fan of the film, you can get both Anchor Bay versions for about $15 each from many stores. There have been many threads here at the HTF about this title and its many incarnations on DVD, so if you're interested, check them out.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Yeah I know, I read them which is why I was confused about the thread starter saying it was remastered and st..st..stuff! ;)
I was hoping my two disc set was still up to date as far as the transfer went.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks