What's new

Army of Darkness Bootleg Director's Cut.... (1 Viewer)

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Ok, I am totally confused....
Checking out my local Futureshop (please no comments...) I spotted a whole wack of Army of Darkness Official Bootleg Edition. I went what the?, because I remember adding the DVD to DVDProfiler's DB just a few days ago, with a release data of 30 November 2001.
So I came back to the office, fired up my copy of DVD profiler, yeap 30 November! I then went back and checked Anchor Bay's site, no mention of it, Image Entertainment has the DVD titled Army of Darkness Official Bootleg Special Edition. Quick check on DVDEmpire has Army of Darkness Official Bootleg Edition streeting yesterday (none in stock) and the UPC matches the one given by Image....
Going to see if I can contact Anchor Bay (anyone have a number).
------------------
"Dear Diary, My teen angst bullshit now has a body count" - Veronica Sawyer
Lance Nichols
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...p?alias=LanceN
[Edited last by Lance Nichols on October 24, 2001 at 06:23 PM]

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
I am less confused now. I called Anchor Bay, and their customer support (Premier Entertainment?) reports that the disc was received early, and that the Director's Cut Bootleg Special Edition is the same as the Director's Cut Bootleg Edition. Seems the discs arrived early form the supplier, and they made the decision to ship early.
Seems like everyone is out to bankrupt me this week
wink.gif

------------------
"Dear Diary, My teen angst bullshit now has a body count" - Veronica Sawyer
Lance Nichols
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...p?alias=LanceN
[Edited last by Lance Nichols on October 24, 2001 at 06:24 PM]

AaronK

Auditioning
Is the OAR of Army of Darkness 1.66:1 tike the Army of Darkness Bootleg Director's Cut DVD says?
Also, what are the differences between Army of Darkness Bootleg Director's Cut and the Limited Edition DVD, which I haven't seen?

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
The Army of Darkness: Bootleg Director's Cut is basically the same exact thing as the Army of Darkness: Limited Edition Director's Cut just that it has a paper bag over the case.
Both discs include the following...
- 1.66:1 anamorphic widescreen
- English Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround Sound
- Audio Commentary with Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell, and Ivan Raimi
- Four Deleted Scenes
- Storyboards During the Film (using the subtitle function)
- Conceptual Art
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
And it's $12.99 at Best Buy this week. I'm so happy that I traded my Limited Editions Director Cut a while ago before this version became available.
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

James D S

Screenwriter
I think the $12.99 is the everyday price at Best Buy.
So there is no reason to pick this title up if one already has the Director's Cut? Why release it then? What's AB up to?

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
So there is no reason to pick this title up if one already has the Director's Cut? Why release it then?
Probably because they're not getting a cut from each of those $50+ Director's Cut DVDs that people are selling on eBay. :)

Richard_Huntington

Stunt Coordinator
I'm curious about this rumored MGM version for non-Region 1, which will be much higher in quality since all extra footage will be from film and not Bruce Campbell's tape.
Someone here on the forum mentioned this and when I told my nephew about it, he nearly had a heart attack (the kid worships that movie).
------------------
"My wife actually prefers widescreen"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks