What's new

Armed and Famous (1 Viewer)

Julia

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone heard about this show? It's starting on CBS January 10: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/armed_and_famous/ I'm super excited about it cuz I love the stars they chose, Erik Estrada, Jason Acuna (Wee-man), Trish Stratus, La Toya Jackson, and Jack Osbourne. Jack looks super cute in those clips. I love celebreality shows.

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
I've seen the commercials and it does look like it's going to be funny. It will probably get bashed like most of those shows do, but again, this one does look like it will provide some laughs.

I'm most looking forward to seeing Erik and Jack.

Julia

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, people love to hate on these shows, but I think they're pretty entertaining. I too think Erik Estrada training to be a real live cop will be some funny tv, I bet he cops an attitude after being a real cop for so long. Oddly of all those people I bet the most qualified for the physicality is Wee-Man because he's so used to taking a beating from Jackass.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
To me, this seems like it might be more at home on CBS' sister channel VH1. Just a thought. Based on this cast, I definitely think that VH1's Celebreality line-up (forgive the pun) might be better for this.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

This could be one of the only shows on any of the Big 4 that I might actually want to watch.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I can proudly say that I have not gotten into any of these unscripted shows. I won't call them reality shows, because they are so removed from most realities. Anyway, I will be avoiding this show, as well.

Julia

Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, it looks to me like CBS is trying to get in on some of the VH1 action with Armed and Famous, I wouldn't be surprised if more networks start repeating that format.

Bromwyn

Auditioning
Eric Estrada is rad.
La Toya Jackson helping deliver a baby, and Eric Estrada being heckled and called Emilio Estavez in an ambulance by a dude he arrested. Celebrities playing cops and robbers in a small town, imagine living in that small town and seeing this show go down.

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
So did anyone watch it?

I watched both episodes and laughed out loud several times. I'm glad they didn't spend a lot of time on their training, and just showed us the good stuff.
There's a reason why the show "Cops" has been around so long. Watching the officers interact with the public is the interesting stuff, and now we get to watch celebrities do it.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I really wanted to hate this show, being a former cop. But I have to say, I think it's actually pretty good.

They went through 3 weeks of training, which was the amount required by my state when I was a cop (scary, I know), and seemed to have taken it seriously.

Yeah, they let their emotions and personalities come into play a little too much, but it's been actually pretty interesting.

And seeing Ponch sign a fake boob = Priceless.

Bromwyn

Auditioning
The fake boob was great! The lady was so trying to keep a straight face when she asked. My roommate and I thought she was so adorable. We love the older ladies of Muncie!

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
She might have been a 30 year old hooker. It does take a toll.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
I read this morning that this show has been canceled, effective immediately. It is a shame as I was enjoying it somewhat. Kind of like Cops with a twist. They might show the remainder in the summer. I had also read that they actually offered Jack Osbourne a permanent position on the force after they wrapped up filming which was just a few weeks ago. Seems to be a victim of American Idol. I see they are also moving the Knights of Prosperity to another time slot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks