What's new

Armageddon (1 Viewer)

Justin Hargis

Stunt Coordinator
According to digitalbits.com Armadeddon's gonna be one of Buena Vista's initial titles released on the Blu-ray format. More than likely, it'll be anamorphic, since it'll be in a High Definition format. Well, at least we hope. :)

It's funny. What ever happened to releasing it anamorphically on the DVD format? Is it just me, or is there something wrong here? Buena Vista's had ample time to release some kind of special edition, anamorphic version, of Armageddon. Instead, we've got two non-anamorphic versions to choose from currently.

Well, I guess the anamorphic point is moot now, especially with the next generation High Definition discs just around the corner.

I just saw this listed on digitalbits and had to get this off my chest. It seems like I've been waiting awhile to get my hands on a Region 1 anamorphic copy of Armageddon. Oh well.

Dave Simkiss

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Simkiss
Region 2, 2 disk set is anamorphic.

I know the Region 1 Criterion is non-anamorphic, but I thought Buena Vista had already released an anamorphic DVD of Armageddon in Region 1?

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Region 1 never got an anamorphic widescreen DVD of Armageddon, although it was supposedly released that way on DIVX.

- Steve

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Armageddon the anamorphice R1 SD-DVD, when and if it comes out.

Otherwise, no sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks