(Armageddon) region 2 crackling surround distortion!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by andySu, Sep 6, 2006.

1. andySu

andySu Cinematographer

This film has now really turned me off watching it due to the high levels of crackling distortion on the surrounds that I periodically am picking out in both versions of the film that are available on region 2 (first edition and special edition).

http://img.tesco.com/pi/entertainmen...537_DV_L_F.jpg

At 1 hour 18 minutes and 51 seconds there is crackling distortion on the right side surround channel on special edition, this is only one section of the disc to look for, mind you if you can’t hear the surrounds too well because of the loudness from the (three-screen) try turning off the (three-screen) and listen trust me it’s there!

2. Geoff_D

Geoff_D Supporting Actor

I noticed that too Andy. There is also a drift in lip-sync on the R2 special edition during some of the added footage. I sold that edition and bought the R1 Criterion DVD instead. It's not anamorphic, but it's got a few more extras and a 5.1 track that seems to be free from the above errors.

3. andySu

andySu Cinematographer

Geoff

Well now that I have a debit card, I might look around for a multi-region DVD player and a copy of Armageddon “Criterion” I don’t mind if it hasn’t got 16:9, LOL, my old SONY wont support it, but, never can tell about the future, I might buy a 16:9 monitor.

4. Geoff_D

Geoff_D Supporting Actor

I haven't got an amp at the moment so I can't check again to confirm this. My memory says no crackles though. [​IMG]

5. andySu

andySu Cinematographer

Geoff

I’ll wait for your conclusion on this matter it’s, on the right surround channel in Dolby digital 5.1, only!