What's new

ARGHHHH, have I wrecked my receiver? (1 Viewer)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Man oh man I did something dumb tonight.
I had just finished building my new digital audio cable for my new HD receiver. I plugged it in and got it going. I then figured I would unplug the RCAs going to the analog video input and use the cables for something else. Well, I took them off (quite easily mind you) and as I was looking at them trying to see which new input I would use them in, I noticed the ends did not look right. After looking closer, I realized I had pulled the RCA terminals off of my receiver along with the cables.

Now, have I wrecked that analog input on my receiver or can I just stick the ends back on to the receiver and everything will be fine?

Steve_L

Stunt Coordinator
If they came off that easily they were most likely only attached with the spring tension of the metal. Chances are they will push back on just fine.

Just my opinion and I'm not familiar with the unit.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Oh yeah, I should mention that the receiver is a Nakamichi AV8...if that makes a difference.

Steve_L, I'm a little leery of just pushing them back on because I would hate the idea of shorting out the whole unit for the sake of one analog input.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Open the unit up and see how the others are attached which ought to guide you as to how they can go back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks