What's new

ARGHH!! NO!! Judge Dredd and false advertising!!! (1 Viewer)

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
My brother went out shopping the other day, and since he knows I have a widescreen tv, he always makes sure to check to see if it is widescreen or oar and anamorphic as well. Well, I recall seeing judge dredd some time ago on DVD and it did not list it as anamorphic widescreen. so.. he picked the movie up for me as a suprise, and since it said it was "Enhanced for 16x9 televisions" I was very happy (I'm a big stallone fan). Needless to say.. it was NOT! why would a company be so irresponsible as to RE-PRINT the specs and have the SAME non anamorphic transfer? Has anyone tried to contact the studio who released this? any word on wether they will exchange this if one is in the works? VERY angry about this. I mean, if you can't go by the specs..I HOPE this never happens again. :angry:

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
It will happen again, there are many releases with incorrect specs.

I would simply return it and state why you are returning it.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz

It didn't take long for me to learn that no, you can't always go by the specs. There's quite a large number of DVDs out there with erroneous information printed on them--same with any type of product, really.

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
Is there a list anywhere, for discs that are mislabled as being "enhanced for widescreen" when they are not? The only one I recall hearing about was the original release of the thing a while back. thanks for the replies fellas. still very :angry: about the whole thing though. Not sure if i could return it as I'm not sure my brother still has the reciept.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Stander, a new release this week from Sony, does not specify that it's anamorphic, but it actually is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks