What's new

Argh. What X-over to set my sub to? (my receiver sucks) (1 Viewer)

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Yeah, I'm still learning about the home environment. I know the basics; setup and calibration, damping a "bright" room with curtains...that kind of stuff.

There's so much to consider! A better receiver is definitely in the works. Right now, I can only upgrade one thing at a time, so i'm going for the thing with the most impact; the speakers.

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator
I shot off a request earlier today for the crossover info for my receiver as per your recommendation Michael. I'll see what they say.

I looked through my manual again and noticed that there is a single frequency rating listed for the subwoofer output during surround operation and that's 80Hz. Not sure if this means the crossover is 80Hz. I'd be quite surprised if it actually is the crossover for the sub. I also noticed the frequency rating for the main channels during surround operation and that's 40Hz-20KHz. When I upgrade to a better sub in the near future and have to use the high-level inputs for the left and right channels I'm not going to get any decent response below 40Hz. If I have to hook it up through the speaker level sub out that completely negates a large point behind the upgrade, ie. relieving the receiver of subwoofer amplification.

Looks like I'll have to upgrade the receiver as well :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks