What's new

Argh! IOS 4.3 on iPod touch. (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
My wife has no problems on her iPhone4. But IOS4.3 on my iPod touch has absolutely sucked the life out of it. It now seems to run slow, but worse is that I'm running into strange video artifacts now. When wireless sends or receives, the top that shows my signal strength blinks in what looks like a square box and it causes the whole screen to get dark/light. I've found ways to go back to 4.2.1, but I'm concerned it'll screw up the apps.. but my battery life is significantly down from before, SIGNIFICANTLY down, to the point where I can't get through an audiobook segment without grabbing a charger. ARGH

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I have the newest iPod touch Mc544ll. I will fool with it. The brightness change on data transfer is crazy annoying.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Hrmmm... Genius Bar sounds like the first best step.

I've noticed nothing different from 4.3 compared to 4.2. Aside from the hour is sucked out of my life to get iTunes and the iPhone updated. HomeSharing seems more a demo than a solution to any real problem.

Seems 4.3 is more targeted to the iPad.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Engadget shows this is not isolated to you:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/15/ipod-touch-showing-freaky-graphical-glitches-after-ios-4-3-updat/

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Well that makes me feel a lot less insane. My new iPod touch seems fine, but I'm leaving it at 4.2.1 for now. The fact that the screen would go dark/bright/dark/bright everytime email would come in is incredibly annoying and it drained the battery in a hurry. I figure they will put out 4.3.1 soon enough.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Video of it in action and a survey you probably want to enter... (Same link just updated)

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/15/ipod-touch-showing-freaky-graphical-glitches-after-ios-4-3-updat/#

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, that blinking is exactly what I (did) get. But they changed my iPod so I'm not getting it anymore, I just haven't upgraded to 4.3 on this one yet. Like I said, I figure 4.3.1 has to be in the woodwork somewhere.

davesmith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Smith
Congrats on getting a new iPod, your old one would be fine now after the new update :)

Users who are viewing this thread