What's new

ARGH! I hate LCDs! (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Ok, I just have to say this: LCDs are all seemingly trash if you have kids. We have an older child (8) who's autistic. We moved into a rental house after a house fire in December (ice storm resulted in a total wipe out) and now I've got one destroyed LCD that I wasn't really after. LCD screens are just too easy to destroy/scratch. And once they are scratched, there really isn't a matter of doing anything to fix it. You just live with a screen with scratches in it. What BS. They need to come up with a way to make LCD screens far more scratch resistent if they intend them to be used by anyone with kids..

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I had one of the plastic screens over my old 4:3 60" Mitsubishi RPTV. It worked really well. It was recommended since I had small kids at the time. I now have a 73" Toshiba DLP. Since my kids are teenagers now, I really didn't think about a protective screen. We do play Wii games sometimes. How scratch resistant are the DLP screens? Would anyone recommend a plastic overscreen for a DLP?

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
There's a product called PlastX made by Meguairs that I've used to remove scratches from CD's with great success. On an LCD screen, I'd try it in a small area FIRST (preferably an area towards the edges). You've really only got a couple of choices....live with it, repair it, or replace it right?

Mort

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks