Argh! Did I fudge up my sub?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by tom_furman, Sep 29, 2002.

1. tom_furman

tom_furman Stunt Coordinator

I thought I was all done. I was getting ready to screw in the sub, and I noticed that two of the holes didnt line up! So now on my tempest I was 6 of the 8 screws in! Is that good enough? it seems like a nice tight fit, and I ran the sub for a while and I can't hear ANY air leaks or weird noises.

So will 6 screws be ok? Oh..the sub downfires.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

As long as you put a foam gasket around where the driver frame meets the driver hole, and use the 6 screws, you should probably be okay.

If this really bothers you, you can rotate the driver so that the new holes would line up inbetween the old holes, and then pop in new holes to "re-do" the holes for the screws. Just remember to fill in the old holes with wood filler.

3. tom_furman

tom_furman Stunt Coordinator

It wouldn't bother me one bit as long as I know the tempest wont come plopping out the bottom of my sub!

BTW..this thing is GREAT! i walked out of my room and my toes were tingling from the floor shaking so much!

4. you could also fill the mis-aligned holes with woodglue and toothpicks. sand. re-drill those two holes.