What's new

Argh--Denon 1600 doesn't show time remaining; get RP82 instead?? (1 Viewer)

Just got a Denon 1600 & am disappointed to find it doesn't diplay time remaining. I really want to like this player based on the great reviews I've seen but I'm wondering if I should get the RP-82 instead?
Any comparisons between the 2, especially for CD playback?

And what about the Toshiba 4800?

BobJ

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think the Panny does time remaining either. Pioneer's do.
Not true anymore.:)
The Denon 1600's video section is based on the RP-56, which also has no time remaining indicator. The RP-62 and 82 both have time remaining indicators.
I've used the time search function on the 82 quite a few times. It was the one thing I really missed when I moved from a Pioneer to a RP-56, but the 82 has it and it's very easy to use.
Try an 82, which combines the best of 91 and 56/62 players. I've been pretty impressed its picture quality so far. The error correction seems better than previous Panasonics. I have some real beat up CDs/DVDs that the 56 locked up on, but the 82 plays them without a hitch.
Give one a shot and see how you like it. It may fit your needs and save you some money at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks