What's new

ARGH! Co-Workers!!! (1 Viewer)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> 2. Gossip - I really don't give a flying %$#* about who is sleeping with whom, or who is kissing the boss's behind.

That's one of the few good reasons to work in an office.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I don't think so. Cars are getting HEAVY. My Acura TL weighs in at 3500lbs, and the Chrysler 300Cs are over 4000! That frickin' supercharged Mustang is over 4000lbs!!!

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
This is true, but this thread is more of a "I'm glad I'm away from annoying people for a few days" rather than a "Please help me destroy my co-workers" thing.

My co-workers remind me of people in a movie theater...and BOY were there a lot of annoying people at the theater last night. :angry:

johnADA

Stunt Coordinator
Gossip is one of the main reasons I get up and go to work each day.
I could write screen plays that would make Dallas and Falcon Crest look tame with the family that is suppose to run ours.

Hate- Cell phones, plain and simple and its just not at work, ANYWHERE.At work, you work, not talk to your friends, spouse etc. Cell phones in general are my #1 pet peeve.

Stupidity and laziness-
I got people whom have done the same job for up to 30 years that still dont get it.
Employees that complain about there kids!
First off they hide nothing from their kids and I mean nothing.
Then you get, why is my daughter/son a slut, pig, do drugs and so on. Ah maybe because you dont hide the fact you still do thrive on it while you try to tell them its bad!!!

Employee discontent!!!!

Why does he she get to do that and not me.
I dont get paid enough!
Company is out to screw me!
This list I could write a book!!!

Hate me-
Sarcasm, I use alot of sarcasm, specially when the answer is in front of their faces.
I dont lie, I tell it like it is. Again using sarcasm.

According to them I think I'm a know it all.
Funny thing is, they all come to me for answers to any questions.
OK, I'll give my opinion or the answer straight out.
I've told all of them from the CEO to the floor sweeper, its not that I am a know it all, I know I'm not. But its you people that make me this way. Look I didnt want to be just a " insert job title", I wanted to learn every aspect of this business and everyday I strive to learn more. Your all complacent with what you have and about the dumbest bunch of people I have ever worked with in this business.
Yeah I know it sounds bad me saying that. But 28 years of doing this work, 4 shops I've been in and this being the 3rd I've ran, this is the least skilled , unhappiest, cantankerous bunch I'd ever met and worked with by not a minute margin, a wide gap!!!

Eric Carl

Stunt Coordinator
John, the problem is that most people are content with what they have in life, and they really don't want to challenge themselves. It is not a good attitude, but that is what happens to most people.

Most people get a certain amount of education, and than they want to work and take it easy in their free time. Whereas you are willing to spend some, if not all of your free time, learning.

Besides some people want to, someday, perfect their current job. But, it is a lifelong process. I mean, anything can be turned into a lifelong process....Even learning how to make correct change; which is possibly the hardest thing in the world....Especially when a machine tells you the amount, but not how many quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies.

I am serious. You should be amazed that I didn't turn this post into one of those lifelong processes. Or, maybe I have, and in 20 years it will be perfect.

:)

-Eric

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"what is it that annoys you about your co-workers?"

Nothing. I get along great with the people I work with. Its the people we work for that we cant stand. People working from home, who arent here everyday telling us how things should be run. 2 biggies- delegation of duties as people have left and budget problems making my job alot harder people of not having the equiptment I need.

"Gossip"

This was a big one at the previous IBM site I worked at. That place was like a brothel - everyone was sleeping with everyone else and the gossip was ridiculous.

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
Things I dislike about my co-workers:
Very few of us have cell-phones ON at work. I can understand an emergency but "really, people" You're paid to work not talk. If you want to get paid to talk, get a job in customer service or telemarketing.
That includes talking on the company phone too. I know that I have abused it lately - Selling the house, taking care of my mother who is at the house while contractors are working, blah, blah. 95% of the time, I'm working. I'm usually so busy that when I take my break -as per specified by the contract - I'm grabbing a cup of tea while taking the mail downstairs or picking up the mail. I rarely ever take the actual break.

The biggest peeve regarding my co-workers is that some of them have flextime and abuse it. I mean, my hours are 8:30 to 4:30. That means I am at my desk at 8:30 ready to work and I work right to 4:30. Having worked for the Post Office for 6 1/2 years, the hour was broken up into 100 pieces and you got 2 clicks to punch in before you were docked.
Unfortunately, I now work elsewhere and there are only 5 people in the department and they wander in at 8:45, 9:15, 10:05....
I don't know if they make up their time, not my concern. What makes it my problem is that I have to either wait to ask my questions until they finally (!) get there or deal with phone calls from administration asking where is so-and-so.
And don't complain about how behind you are when you're checking your email at work and surfing the web!

What likely pissed off my co-workers... Nothing! I'm perfect! :D
Okay, really now.
I won't do their job for them. The 'can-you-do-this??' No. I can't. I have my own work to do. If I get caught up, then I'll help where I can (just to quiet the whining) but I've managed to piss off a couple of my co-workers because I've sent back invoices (I pay all the bills) because they're incomplete. It's my butt that's going to get chewed if I pay something without complete paperwork. Especially the person in charge of contracts. It's a contract, you deal with it. When it's right, I'll pay it.

Just re-read what I wrote...boy, I'm such an ass! :D :D

But overall, the people in my department and I get along really well. I just don't tell them what irks me and they don't tell me what irks them.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I used to work for a guy who used to talk to his wife in that "Goo-Goo/Schnoky" type voice. :angry: It was SOO annoying! He'd be like "Hey baby, how's my cutey!" and he'd always say goodbye by saying "Lovey Lovey's" ACK! I wanted to puke!

I knew they were newlyweds, but it was so unprofessional to talk like that where everyone else could hear.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Things I dislike about my co-workers...

Oh, wait. I don't have any. Besides the great hours, that's the best part about being self-employed.

Eric Carl

Stunt Coordinator

Good for you!

If you listen to them once, they will try to dump more on you.

Not that you couldn't do it, but why should you? I mean, if you did indeed tried it on them, what do you think would happen?

-Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks