Argh! Bug in Medal Of Honor?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ike, Feb 9, 2002.

1. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

I got MOHAA tonight, and am on the fourth misson. Spoilers, I guess.
    My misson objective is to infiltrate the train station. I went through a tunnel, and fought in a little hole with some guys. I went out, and next to a set of red barrels were a couple soldiers. I sniped the barrels, another soldier comes runnig out, I got him too.
    There's a path in the hill that I took that leads to a complex. There's a search light that just goes in a circle. Once you get in the building, there's a window into an office with about 4 soldiers in it. Past them, there's a stair well.
    After some snaking, there's a window outside with a barking dog, a sniper, a machine gunner, etc. I've taken everyone out here. Then, down a hall is an elevator. I can't approach it! It's like there's a wall there. I've made sure everyone is dead, and even had a fight in the office with some I've let go through. I don't know what to do.
    I think it's a glitch because I went to Game FAQ's, and they said just go on the elevator. It also says that at the beginning of the misson, a truck is supposed to go down the road. I can see the truck, but it never moves!
    I just installed the patch, and I think before the patch, the truck would go up and down the road. I don't want to have to use Game Spy (the thing the patch fixes), but I want to be able to progress in the game.
    Am I doing something wrong? Is there a fix? Anyone else have this problem?

2. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Deleted post....gave advice on wrong level![​IMG]

3. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

In case anyone's wondering, I uninstalled the game, saving my saved games, and then reinstalled it. Same problem. Played the level with disc 2 in, and still no luck.

This is frustrating beyond belief!

(Why is the game two discs, but both discs can play the early stages of the game?)

4. BrianShort

BrianShort Supporting Actor

Dont know about your problem, but the game is entirely installed to the HD, it doesnt play of the CDs...

5. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

When ever I install, it just says, "Complete". How do I select full?

By the way, a new crop of bugs have shown up that weren't there when I was playing through originally. The sound has a little distortion, even though I've made sure that the sound quality is set to high. The ground textures smear. And worst of all, I can't play on a saved game other than my latest. What's that mean? If I want to go back and play through Omaha again, I can't. It loads, it runs for a second, then it goes back to the main menu. This is really the first time I've ever been mad about game bugs!

6. tyler O

tyler O Stunt Coordinator

It sounds like you may be having some other problems. Consider checking your hard drive with a thorough scandisk for errors. You may have a bad stick of RAM or something else that could be causing your problems... Have you added anything recently or anything else like that?

7. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

Yeah sounds like some OS or hardware stuff is going on, not the game. There is only one install option from what I remember.

8. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Yeah, the CD is only used during startup as copy protection.

You certainly seem to be having issue. A full reinstall is in order (at least for the game).

9. BrianShort

BrianShort Supporting Actor

I think he already reinstalled. With the number of problems you're having, I'd say it's something else. I really havent heard of any issues like these with the game from anyone else, and I know several people that have played it.

Hopefully you can figure out what's wrong, it's a terrific shooter.

Brian

10. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

No, it wasn't a PC problem.

I reloaded, and played the 4th level from the beginning, and this time the truck left as it was supposed to, and it fixed the problem. Don't know what the hell was going on, but it's fixed now. All my problems were resolved.

11. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

"(Why is the game two discs, but both discs can play the early stages of the game?)"

It loads both discs on to your hard drive .. it's a big game, and you HD is quicker than a CD rom.

Final level with the gas .... hard beating quickly .. must run quickly!

AWESOME game.

Brent L

12. Joe michaels

Joe michaels Second Unit

I don't know if this will help but there is a patch for this game upgrading to v 1.10. It definely improves some multiplayer options and such. Not sure about your problem.
    here's a good site:
    www.planetmedalofhonor.com

13. Bill J

Bill J Producer

I just played the exact spot you described and I didn't have any problems. Is that the only glitch you have found so far?

14. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

Well, no, there were the others I described, but they seemed to work themselves out after I restarted the level.