Argento's Trauma DVD

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Chris Hopper, Dec 10, 2002.

1. Chris Hopper

Chris Hopper Agent

Nov 1, 2002
    Does anyone know if, when or by which company Dario Argento's Trauma will be released in the U.S.?
  2. Chris Xolotl

Chris Xolotl Second Unit

Jun 28, 2001
    I know Anchor Bay has been trying to get it. I don't think they ever did get it.

Slightly off topic. I have the UK Release DVD and am very fond of it. First time, in recent memory (with the exception of their NTSC DVD) that I was pleased by their transfer and that the DVD made in through uncut.

I believe it's R0 PAL.
  3. Arnie G

Arnie G Supporting Actor

May 29, 2002
    Just found this R1 at Amazon being released on 8-23-05!!!
    # Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1)
    # Brand-New Interview with Director Dario Argento
    # Audio Commentary with Profondo Argento Author Alan Jones
    # Never-Before-Seen On-Set Behind-The-Scenes Footage
    # Exclusive Special Effects Home Movies from Tom Savini
    # Theatrical Trailer
    # Poster and Still Gallery
    # Deleted Scenes
    I had no idea this was coming.[​IMG]
  4. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Jul 11, 2003
    Michael Elliott
    Hopefully people will give this another shot. I hated the movie but I had only seen the P&S videotape. After seeing it in its full glory I really think it's Argento's most underrated film. Not a masterpiece but certainly worth at least a rental. Hopefully no mommy or daddy accidentally buys this since there's a nude teenage Asia being directed by her dad, which might not sit well with some. Apparently these nude scenes caused her a lot of personal issues, which I hope are talked about in the extras.
  5. Vincent_P

Vincent_P Screenwriter

Sep 13, 2003
    I'm a little annoyed that the listed running time for TRAUMA is 106-minutes- i.e., the export cut of the film. The Italian version is 3 or 4 minutes longer, with 4 additional scenes and one scene extension. Those sequences are available in English-language in an even-longer VHS rough-cut version of TRAUMA that's been circulating for years, and Anchor Bay had access to such a tape, AND they knew that the Italian print was a longer cut of the film containing some of the additional scenes from that rough cut. They could have easily sourced the dialogue for the extra scenes from the Italian TRAUMA print from one of those rough-cut tapes, cleaned it up in Pro-Tools, and remixed the extra scenes in English, creating the longest "completed" English-language version of TRAUMA in the world, but it seems like they didn't bother to do so, and that's a real shame and a missed oppurtunity IMO.