What's new

Argento's Sleepless/Nonsohonno - Best Version? (1 Viewer)

Will K

Screenwriter
Just got a region-free player for Xmas. I've noticed there are several different DVD's for this flick. Which one is the best quality and can someone recommended some good online retailers?

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I'm a big fan of this film and I'd say this is hands-down the best version because of the Italian audio track option. Even though there really isn't an official language for this film (all the dialogue was done in post-production), I think it works much better in Italian. The English dubbing is pretty horrendous and the overall tone of the film is different when you watch it in Italian. I'm sure others will disagree, but that's my opinion. There is also this version released in the UK which does have some extra making-of features, but I remember reading something about this disc being improperly flagged, so maybe someone else here can comment on it. The Italian disc features a stunning anamorphic transfer and an awesome DTS track and is uncut. I'm not sure if the other versions are uncut or not.
The Italian disc is about half the price of the UK disc, $12 vs. $25 although you will have to pay shipping through DVDit.com. I ordered this with El Topo since their shipping rate is the same with 1 or 2 discs. Once you log in to their site it will give you the prices without the VAT tax added (thus Sleepless is 12.08 Euros).
Jeff

Will K

Screenwriter
Excellent. Thanks, Jeff. I have refused to purchase Artisan's botched R1 version.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
I also recently purchsed the Italian Non So Honno disc, along with Dellamore Dellamorte, from dvd.it. I eagerly await their arrival. :)
DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks