What's new

Area restored (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
At the request of other members I initially decided to remove this area. Now due to feedback from several other members I have decided to restore this area.

Parker

Stephen L

Second Unit
This is a place a stop everytime I visit HTF.Although I don't usually post there I always want to checkout David Lambert's weekly update and whatever else members have found.Thanks Parker and Ron for putting the forum back and thanks go to David Lambert for the useful and imformitive updates each week.

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
Thank you for bringing this back...:)
and of course thanks to David L for his weekly posts...:emoji_thumbsup:
Eric.

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
This is one of my favorite forums, too, and I had no idea it was in danger of being removed. Also, I can't imagine why anyone would ask for it to be cut -- it does engender much controversial talk of any sort and it has saved me lots of money.

So, kudos for putting it back, even thought I did not know until a few minutes ago that it was ever gone.

Deborah

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Thanks for listening and bringing back the Coupons and Bargains area. I check this out everytime I'm here, and I too appreciate Mr. Lambert's hard work that he puts into his posts each week! The path to thicker wallets is through Al Bundy's picture...

--Tom

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I, too, have a hard time imagining why any member would be upset that this section existed. Of course, I might be a tad prejudiced about that! ;) But Parker's explanation over in Forum Feedback says it had to do with low post counts. However low the post counts were, the View counts were always high! :D
Thank you for restoring the section, Parker...and thanks to Ron as well. And much gratitude to those who appreciate my weekly posts! I thank you for the outpouring of support.
I'm sorry I don't have all the info right here. I'll re-post when I get home and eat some dinner. In the meantime, I'll repeat what I said in Forum Feedback:
All I can say is that, off the top of my head, Best Buy seemed to have the best price on everything I posted (Blind Date, Used Cars, Klute, Follow That Bird, Jay Jay the Jet Plane, and Ghost World) except for Captain Corelli's Mandolin, which was tied for cheapest at CostCo and Circuit City. I hope I'm not misremembering, but I don't think so.
I was definately going to go to Best Buy for Used Cars ($14.99), Jay Jay ($12.99), and - if OAR - Follow That Bird ($12.99). I don't care about CCM or GW, and I'll wait on Klute for now. I'd get Blind Date just for John L's psychotic performance, but $19.99 is too much for this title right now...I'll wait for a markdown.
And a note to Rob Lutter: I don't think Ghost World is at Costco, but if time allows I'll personally check on the way home!

John Fieldstadt

Stunt Coordinator
Parker,

Thanks for returning this section. I visit it a few times a day!

David,

Thanks for the extra effort you put into your posts each week!

Thomas D

Stunt Coordinator
But Parker's explanation over in Forum Feedback says it had to do with low post counts. However low the post counts were, the View counts were always high!
I never hear about any coupon codes any more. However, I do check this section almost daily just in case the online retailers decide to revert to two, three years ago and offer a few bajillion 50% off coupons.

Ah, halcyon days...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I agree with the others. This site should definitely stay and a tip of the hat to the ever-popular David Lambert for his price research. :emoji_thumbsup:
I may never post here...but I check in ALL the time!

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Any chance of getting David Lambert's post for this weeks B&M bargains restored? I'm still on the fence about Ghost World.

Dan B

Screenwriter
I also like to read the posts in this forum even though I don't post much here myself. This area has also saved me over $200, so I have deep feelings for it. :)
Thanks for bringing it back.
-Dan

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
When I saw that it disappeared last night I nearly went into a panic. Thanks for bringing it back, Parker!

Greg_P

Stunt Coordinator
Parker,

Thanks for bringing back this section. I'm a frequent reader of this section. David L's weekly ad prices is always a must read !!

Thanks Again!!

Greg

RandyRush

Stunt Coordinator
I echo the thanks for returning this section; I visit here several times daily and have found some very good deals thanks to David.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Maybe those 'members' work for Suncoast or Barnes & Noble or some other place that likes to charge mrsp and were tired of us finding out how much cheaper we could get it elsewhere. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks