What's new

Are you we ever going to see 'After Hours' on dvd? (1 Viewer)

chris c

Stunt Coordinator
I love this movie and, along with 'Better Off Dead', has the highest rewatchability factor of any movie I have seen. Anyone have any news?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I wish I did. I find it sad Warners can release all their junk TV shows (and none of the good ones) while ignoring this great movie.

What's the going price for a used copy of the widescreen LD of this one?

Ike

Screenwriter
I'd so love After Hours on DVD! Can you imagine it with a Scorsese commentary? :D

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Count me in for this. This is most likely my favorite Scorcese movie, yet it is almost never mentioned. I listed this title on my most requested list that we submitted a few weeks ago. A Scorcese commentary would make this DVD priceless.

Marc_Savoie

Stunt Coordinator
With the announcement of the Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown SEs, After Hours has risen to the Top of my WANTS list of DVDs. I'd buy it in a second, and a commentary by Scorsese would certainly be fantastic. I love this movie.

KamyarB

Agent
I just watched it on satelite the other night. Can't wait till they announce this one! Great movie!
:emoji_thumbsup:
K

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Count me in! What a great comedy this is! I'll buy this one the split second it comes out...as long as it's OAR. :)

Bob Black

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Matthew, I wouldn't hold my breath for a widesceen LD of After Hours considering they never made one!

Mark Hawley

Second Unit
Actually they did make a widescreen LD of After Hours. It was 1.85: 1. I don't own it, but I remember renting it from my local public library (while I lived in Ottawa) and I taped it onto VHS and watched it recently and it was in widescreen.

Jae E

Agent
This one's near the very top of my wish list! No matter how many times I see it, I laugh out loud every time I see that cab ride.:laugh:

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
This is one of my favorite flicks and I try to catch it whenever I can on the tube. Funny and twisted stuff. Very watchable.

Phil

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I continue to be amazed by the fact that so many of Scorsese's movies have either not been released on DVD at all (After Hours, King of Comedy, Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore etc.) or have yet to be done right (with an anamorphic transfer) such as Goodfellas, Raging Bull, and Mean Streets.
I know that King of Comedy is in the works, and there are rumors of an SE of Goodfellas, but these are all LONG overdue!
After Hours is a dark comedy classic with a cult following. This DVD would sell quite well, I'm sure! But when will we see it??? :confused:

John CW

Supporting Actor
Damned straight! GREAT movie... one thing has always bugged me though: That mob just doesn't seem scary enough. Maybe if Griffin Dunne had overheard them discussing what they were going to do with them or if GD had been forced to confront them or something.

A decent DVD is needed though!

~ John

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I love this movie.
This definitely needs a special edition treatment to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks