Are you using the HTF's full potential?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by LaMarcus, May 23, 2003.

1. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

For instance....How do you check to see if any threads that you've posted in have been updated? I know some people subscribe to threads, but I sometimes don't check my mail till the end of the day, and I hate having 10 messages saying the same thread has post updates.

So what I do to check to see if any of my treads have new post is I always go to the search page and put my user name in the 'search by username" textbox.

Another cool thing that I found digging around in the user controls is the pop up message sent if you get a personal message. This is a feature that I just love, because you canb go days without checking to see if you have a PM or not.

2. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

Judging by the number of times the same question is asked or the same post made a few days later on this or that subject, a lot of people don't make much use of the search function [​IMG]

3. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

The search is awesome for me. I post in so many threads a day, that I can't remember all the threads that I post on. So doing a search under my name brings up every single thread that I've been on or if a person has said my name, I'm telling you it's the way to go!

4. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    Yes yes the HTF is full of wonderful surprises, for instance I didn't know there was a hidden 'Bikini Babes' area until recently... [whistles]! [​IMG]

5. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

Lamarcus and the rest,

Why don't you use the "My Posts" feature in the upper left corner of the first page, in the information block under your username? It does a search on all threads you have written to in one click. (Looks like you aren't using the HTF's full potential yourself, Hmmmm??? [​IMG] )

6. Dheiner

Dheiner Gazoo

John Dhein
    Steve!!!!!!

What are you trying to do????

If you're not careful, we'll be overrun!!

7. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

We'll I guess I'm not [​IMG] But with doing that I hate the way it brings it up, It shows all you post only. I like the search way better because it shows you the thread and who was the last to post to it, not just what you've posted.

8. Bill_D

Bill_D Supporting Actor

Occasionally I get the upgrade bug and go to the HTF's "Members Home Theaters" for ideas.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...m&userid=21993

Not many members take the time to go here. Another forum recently shut their version of this down ...forever. We need to take advantage. Check your links if you have a listing since a few seem to be bad.

9. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

Yeah when I first came hear I looked at every single page in there. I've recently went back to see if any webpages changed, of if people have upgraded. Quite a few have, including myself[​IMG]