What's new

Are you Tournamented out yet? (1 Viewer)

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Dearest Patrick:

Just out of curiosity, is this a personal question, or an administrative question?

The tournaments have seemed to lost a bit of their luster. I, for one, have come to no longer dwell in them as I used to. Not to say that I still don't enjoy them, I just no longer frequent them as much. A large part of this is due to my lack of knowledge in most subjects.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Totally personal. Plus, I just wanted to see a real "poll" thread in the Poll area. Nothing too sinister behind this thread. If y'all are happy with the tournaments, knock yourself out.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Not at all. If anything I feel that the tournaments have gotten better and more specialized.
Part of the reason they have gotten better is because the people who would flood the tourneys with votes just to get their post counts up seem to have gotten tired of them and moved on to some other place. The tournament threads now seem mostly inhabited by those who have a deep interest in the topic at hand. :emoji_thumbsup:

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Nope! :)
As far as polls go, I think it's difficult to come up with a really interesting poll. Most just rehash the same old topic.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
No, I really just participate in one and pretty much ignore the rest.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Hey, I think we should hold a tournament to see who's the most tired of tournaments, and who's the least tired!!!

Ike

Screenwriter
Christou. SteveGon participates in a lot of tourney's, and actually came up with the idea for the editing tournament.

Oh, as for the poll, no I love the tournaments. One of the best parts of the board. Am tired of people complaining though. What's the big problem?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Patman: Your courage continues to amaze me, walking into this forum with a question such as that. Also, note how the answers to your question from your first post betrayed some equivocation. But after what you said in your second post ("there's nothing sinister"), the Tournament Cheering Squad starting flying their colors. Ahh, but we're bring cruel, Pat. I feel that sentiment the longer I stay in this thread! :) JB

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Jack, it's almost become a seperatist group over here in TourneyLand, where even the mods have to be careful what they say, oh gawd I really feel like an outsider in here, I'll just tiptoe back out....;)

Heinz W

Second Unit
I like tourneys as well. More, please!!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
:emoji_thumbsup:
If I have to abstain I usually just don't post at all, and I too have to do an awful lot of abstaining! :frowning:
I'm still waiting for someone to revive or restart RobLutter's ill-fated animation tourney... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks