"Are You Hot" - Are you watching?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jared_B, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Jared_B

Jared_B Supporting Actor

I'll admit it - I watched. It's such a blatant rip-off of American Idol, but all the bikinis make it tolerable.

2. Tom Rags

Tom Rags Supporting Actor

3. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

THIS SHOW IS DUMB!
    (and trust me im not one to complain about looking at purty girls)

4. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

5. Christopher P

Christopher P Supporting Actor

Yeah this show would probably be much better with Gary the Retard, High-Pitch Eric, Beetlejuice, et al. And um, Why is Lorenzo Lamas judging the dudes?

Chris

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

If you record it (tape or Replay/Tivo), you can watch the good parts in under 10 minutes.

7. Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence Producer

Brian

8. Michael Allred

Michael Allred Screenwriter

Michael
    I get a kick out of the show. What woman or gay man minds looking at sexy guys?

9. Bruce_S

Bruce_S Second Unit

It's the STUPIEST SHOW ON TV, IMO. I was curious and checked it out when the commercials were on for CSI.

ABC have not have confident in the show to have it go against CSI Thursday night.

10. Vickie_M

Vickie_M Producer

11. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Everytime I hear Randolph Duke's name, I'm reminded of the Duke brothers in "Trading Places".

12. Christopher P

Christopher P Supporting Actor

Hi Vickie, I wasn't implying gayness on anyone's part...I just was wondering why when I saw a few minutes of it, Lamas was judging both the guys and the ladies. I didn't hear Hunter say anything, so it seemed like he was doing all the judging.

Chris

13. Vickie_M

Vickie_M Producer

Ok, I understand where you're coming from now. At the time, your post, combined with other posts made me raise my eyebrows. I just thought the assumption that straight men can't judge other men's looks to be a bit silly. Only "straight" men insecure about their sexuality would have a problem doing what Lamas is doing. Rachel Hunter comments on the women's faces, bodies and sex appeal and no one thinks she's gay.

Concerning the show itself, my god is it dumb! I missed the first show but caught the one the other night. I watched because I really like Rachel Hunter as a person, and I'd seen an interview with her about the show. She said that at first, she wanted to be really, really nice to everybody, but people's attitudes made her change her mind. I wanted to see what she meant. Boy, I found out. Sexiness is more than just a good face and body. People with crappy egotistical attitudes are an immediate turn-off.

It's funny, you'd have to think you're hot to even try out for the show, but the sexiest of them are those who don't *act* as if they think they're all that. Humble goes a long, long way to add to sex appeal. I must admit it was compelling, especially when the ones I chose based on their attitudes were the ones chosen to move on. I was impressed by that. I'll probably keep watching, and hate myself in the mornings.

14. DavidGT

DavidGT Stunt Coordinator

Rachel Hunter is bonafide supermodel who's been in the modeling industry so she knows what a hot girl ought to look like. Plus a woman judging another woman is quite alright.
    A guy judging another guy is weird anyway you slice it...and please spare me the ole "double standards" cliche.
    It's not happening.
    A guy judging guys is like a girl judging the picture quality of different models of tv sets. No law against it but not exactly the best approach.

15. Rain

Rain Producer

16. MickeS

MickeS Producer

[​IMG] If only there was a law against it, so we wouldn't have to put up with atrocities like that. My God, a man judging a man's looks! A woman judging TV picture quality! What do they think this is, the 21st century?

/Mike

17. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

David: Try to put a check on your own prejudices, please. Voicing those attitudes here is not cool. Thanks. JB

18. BrettB

BrettB Producer

19. Dennis Pagoulatos

Dennis Pagoulatos Supporting Actor

Dennis
    This show is just plain bad...but then again all of these reality shows are total wastes of time, so this one is no different, except that it basically focuses on what the average Joe & Jane really want to see: Attractive men & women in bikinis. [​IMG]

So in a way, this show has MORE integrity than the rest of these B.S. shows because it cuts to the chase, end of story.

Lorenzo Lamas judging the dudes on "Sex Appeal" is quite funny, you have to admit. "Dude, you are smokin' hot brother, you got it goin' on!"

Sounds like he's been possessed by "The Hulkster"! [​IMG]

-Dennis

20. Al Shing

Al Shing Stunt Coordinator

I watched tonight's show because our ABC affiliate in Seattle made a point of giving us an "Amber Alert", ie that Amber the Seattle Seahawks cheerleader was going to be on the show.

Amber made a name for herself locally last year when she tried out for Miss Hawaiian Tropics and failed. This story was covered by the Fox Northwest Regional Sports Report. Next, she was the featured cheerleader in modeling the team's new look uniforms last summer so she appeared on all the local news programs. Then she appeared on Fox's "Best Damned Sports Show Period" in which she blind-dated a randomly selected geek viewer and ceremoniously dumped him on camera. This was after he asked her to remove her top while they were in a hot tub.

At about this time, you started noticing that in the last two Sea Gals annual group pictures, Amber is the one in the center of the squad. She is also featured in a number of promotional spots shown during games. I actually ran into her once at the Puyallup Fair last year. She had this big boyfriend whom you wouldn't want to mess around with.

So with this background, it was interesting to see the judges rate her a bit lowly, but she still made the cut for the next round. If she could be a stand-out in a squad of mostly stand-out NFL cheerleaders, she should have stomped her competition.