What's new

Are You Getting An Apple Card? (1 Viewer)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I stopped using Mint years ago because it doesn’t play well with 2FA. Now I track everything manually in a custom excel spreadsheet and it fits my needs.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Quicken or Bust! :D

I've been doing computer-based personal finance since 1998. (Although the past decade and change it's been done by my wife.) The last few years, it's been Quicken in Windows (since Quicken abandoned the Mac sometime nearly ten years ago).

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Quicken or Bust! :D

I've been doing computer-based personal finance since 1998. (Although the past decade and change it's been done by my wife.) The last few years, it's been Quicken in Windows (since Quicken abandoned the Mac sometime nearly ten years ago).

I have been a Quicken user for probably longer than that (maybe around 1995 or so) -- although with their sale to a private equity firm and moving to a subscription model I may end up switching. Anyway, I am with you on any credit card or other financial account I have needing to integrate into my financial management tool of choice -- it's a must to make my life a lot easier in managing our various accounts, paying bills and and tracking spending for tax purposes. I have no idea if Apple's card plays nice with these tools or not, but if it doesn't then it's a step backwards in personal finance management, not an innovation. Of course, since you need an iPhone to truly manage your card, the product isn't for me anyway, being a long time Android phone user.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Question for those with Apple Card...

Can you schedule payments ahead of time?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
BFB17169-6B32-463F-9237-C04DEA773CF9.png
Question for those with Apple Card...

Can you schedule payments ahead of time?

Yes. I’ve paid September’s bill in full. I could pay next months charges now if I wanted.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Regarding temporary effects on FICO scores from credit cards: This is my FICO score the past seven months. You see how it dipped down after I took out a new credit card in October and has returned to where it was this month.
Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 7.45.39 PM.png

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Make sure you pay off your Apple purchases on time, or they will cut you off! Cut! You! Off!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That caught my eye because I was just considering getting an Apple Card, as this year I might be purchasing iMacs, iPhones, Apple Watch, and maybe even new AppleTVs. I often buy this stuff from BestBuy or Verizon. But with 3%, maybe I do it all from Apple to eke out a few extra dollars discount.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Make sure you pay off your Apple purchases on time, or they will cut you off! Cut! You! Off!

Apple explains: Don’t f@$k with our trade in process or we’ll f*%k you up!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks