Are You Getting An Apple Card?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Real Name
Clint
Samsung Pay works at more places than Apple Pay (basically anywhere with a wireless reader), yet there are still more places I use a credit card where it doesn't work - - gas stations, most restaurants, most of the golf courses I play, and even some retail stores. I am still pulling out the actual card a lot more than using my phone.
Poor implementation and general misunderstanding about how contactless payments are supposed to work still runs rampant today. I discovered that although Staples and Office Depot both accept Pay, they still require me to enter my PIN if I’m using my debit card or provide a signature if I’m using a credit card. That’s not at all how Pay is supposed to work on a fundamental level.

Kum & Go accepts Pay in store but not at the pump. No Shell stations near me accept NFC payments. Luckily, there are plenty of ExxonMobil stations around so I can always use the Speedpass+ app and authorize the pump before I ever get out of my car. That means I exclusively use ExxonMobil for fuel.

I discovered lately that a mom & pop donut shop where I buy breakfast every weekend takes Pay, as does a small liquor store where I buy my weekend libations. They both do it the correct way. I hold my phone close to the NFC reader and Bob’s your uncle, payment accepted and I’m on my way. But I digress...

Back to the original topic, I’m still waiting on an invite...

Reactions: DaveF

DaveF

Real Name
Dave
I just signed up for a fancy new credit card. It took under 30 seconds to request and be approved online. The hardest part was temporarily unfreezing my credit reports to ensure the application went through.

An IHG credit card for my traveling. :) The sign up bonus hit 125,000 points, so it was time to sign up and give it a try.

The APR is $17.99%. What's the going Apple Credit Card APR for "excellent" credit scores?

Cranston37

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
The hardest part was temporarily unfreezing my credit reports to ensure the application went through.
I recently switched from a credit lock to a credit freeze, and added a fraud alert, as my name came up in the whole Equifax thing...

Last edited:

DaveF

Real Name
Dave

xx Brian xx

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
I wasn't going to do it, but then someone had to post the video of a guy dropping their Apple Card on a table and I thought "WOW, that's cool!" Then the next day I got my invite. I don't carry any balances on my cards and since there are no fees on the card, I thought why not.

It took less than 5 minutes to apply and I got an interest rate of 12.99%. I know. . . . I'm a sucker.. Now I'll have a cool card that will probably never get used.

Brian

Reactions: Sam Posten

xx Brian xx

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
How do these invitations work? Do you need an iPhone XS? Or is it random notification on your iPhone?
I signed up with Apple when the card was first announced. Then this morning I got an email that said I was invited to apply. I opened the Wallet app on an iPhone X and clicked on the + sign and it went to the application.

I don't think it matters which version of iPhone you have but I think you have to have an Apple account.

Brian