What's new

are you embarrassed? (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

Good point.:D

Is it wrong to expect to enjoy "Snakes On A Plane" more than 2001 and the BEatles catalog combined?

Back on topic, I usually hit this area last. If I've exhausted honering the membership with my critism/opinions in the other sections, I usually feel obligated to be sure that the membership get's a full taste of my charming posts on the myrid topics typically discussed in the after Hours section.

Another thing about the MUSIC section. I can not relate to the membership at all in this area, and I know I can't maintain a polite discourse. I mean really, is Operation Mindcrime" really a good album deserving of a sequel? And is DIO REALLY a benifet to said album?? Is their really a demand for more "Chicago" albums??

:D

Mike Stein

Auditioning
I'm new here. What sort of things do you guys discuss after hours? Weird smells? Sports? Romance? State Songs?

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Brian W said:-
Agree wholeheartedly. I first got onto HTF for advice on receivers, speakers etc when getting my first "proper" HT, but now that it's all done (pending the fallout from the HD-DVD v. BluRay war -- and let's leave that in the other sections...) I spend more time in TV and AHL. The level of discussion in TV is far more intelligent than other boards I've visited -- sadly this season the West Wing thread hasn't gotten much traffic so I visit another board for WW discussion as well, but I'm generally underwhelmed by the insights and debate, or lack thereof, there. (As an aside, if anyone's a regular on a WW board that is as intelligent as HTF, please PM me with details?)

With AHL, it's a fun distraction, to paraphrase that infamous quote, "[AHL] is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get". I have learned the strangest things courtesy of AHL, all fascinating in its own way, and you get really nice mixed bag of topics popping up.

Mary M S

Screenwriter
not embarrassed. sometimes I ck AHL first but often last.

...I am mortified that I've gone nuts for the last two days, when either my computer is not meshing or the HTF is having server problems preventing me from posting or even viewing the forum.

...it feels dark and lost and lonely :D

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter

"I am. But it's nothing to worry about. It's all a part of growing up, and being British."

I spend almost no time in the After Hours forum any more, and only slightly more in the Movies area. (The stuff that gets released these days just isn't good enough to get me off the couch to spend $30 for a night out with a sticky floor, cell phones and noisy children. Dammit, parents, hire a babysitter)

The DVD Software Forums are my main stops.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps we should have the mods rename this area?

I find it funny that most of us view the "After Hours" area at all hours of the day. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks