Directors Are you double jointed?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Mark Shannon, May 9, 2004.

1. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Screenwriter

If so, where?

Me, I have both double jointed pinky fingers, and ever since I broke my wrist a few years ago, I've been able to crack it.

Anyone else?

2. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

There's no such thing as double-jointedness. It's quite possible to have joints that go beyond (sometimes way beyond) what's considered a normal range of motion, but double-jointedness is something of a myth, at least as far as what the label itself implies.

3. NeilK

NeilK Stunt Coordinator

I'm sorry, but what the hell are we talking about?!?

4. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Screenwriter

Ok, all technicalities aside, can you do anything with your limbs (discounting the private ones) or extremities that most others can't?

5. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    i'm pretty sure not many people take the 'double-jointed' phrase literally, even though we all know what it signifies. and yes, i can do some really strange things with my ankles, i used to twist them about every week playing basketball. if i twist them now, it doesnt even hurt at all, and i can go back to whatever i was doing within 20 seconds or so. i should probably stop playing basketball.

CJ

6. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

For the record, I can crack my (single-jointed[​IMG] ) big toes multiple times just by bending them forward.

7. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    I can bend my fingers back so that they are at a 90 degree angle to the back of my hand.
    A girl I knew in elementary school could bend her fingers all the way back so that they touched the back of her hand.
    I can also lock all of my fingers so that they are perfectly straight except for the top part of the finger (the part with the nail) which can lock at a 45 degree angle to the rest of the finger.