Are you done with your holiday shopping yet?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Patrick Sun, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Oh man, I can't wait for Christmas to come and go because it's getting hard to stay motivated in gift-selection mode for friends and family. I'm about 3/4 done and I have no idea what I'll be giving to the other 1/4 (mainly friends in my hometown whom I'll see next week when I visit the parental units, perhaps I'll just throw some gift certificates their way).

I have quite a few unopened DVDs, and will be using them as gifts (helps to thin out the collections as well), probably over 20 DVDs if not more.

How about you?

2. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

I'm almost done the only people left are my 2 brothers and my sister, but those will be the toughest. It was easy enough for my friends, and I'm actually just chipping in with my brothers on my parents Christmas gift, but I am thankful that it is almost over and done with.

3. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

After having some dumb ass soccer mom ram the back of my heels in walmart the other day because she was pushing her buggy like women drive, I think I'm ready for this season to be over. Yes I'm in a bad mood [​IMG] .

4. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

for the most part, yes. I really only buy for 2 or 3 people though. The advantage of being poor, I can send cards only to a lot of people and not feel bad [​IMG]

I'm not really feeling xmas this year. I guess not any year really.

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I just got through with 2 dozens of cards as well. Whew!

I also filled out all my rebate forms today as well. That was a minor pain as well. I can see why companies use rebates to entice people to buy and count on laziness to pocket the unclaimed rebate money.

6. RudyN

RudyN Supporting Actor

Rudy Nunez
    I'm half way done and hoping to finish the other half tomorrow.

7. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Supporting Actor

This year was different for me as I ordered 100% online. I usually go to North Carolina to see the "parental units" as Patrick calls them(:laugh) This year I will not be making the journey. Since my sister & her kids live down there, well, it just makes sense to buy online.
    Nice way to do things. I may do this every year. I feel the shipping costs I paid are better than buying gas, dealing with crazy shoppers,etc.
    All that I have ordered has already been delivered. (and as far I know, they have what I ordered)
    Nicely wrapped in a brown, box colored wrapping. [​IMG]

8. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

I haven't even started ! (I'm in big trouble....)

9. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    I am pretty much done, just waiting for a package to arrive (hopefully today) so I can wrap it and consider myself done! Whew! I even preshopped for my nephew's birthday at the end of January. Then for some strange reason, the next birthday is mine in May and I wont have to worry about anything til September... But the fall is like constant deluge of birthdays. ALL 3 of my sisters, 2 of my parents, my brother in law, one of my nephews have birthdays between Sept and Christmas, plus the fact my parent's anniversary is early september, so the fall is like constant gift buying. For some obscure reason (see .sig) I am the only person born in my family in the spring (May)...

Jay

10. Artur Meinild

Artur Meinild Screenwriter

I haven't started either... Well, on the other hand, I only give presents to my nearest family, and they don't mind if it gets delayed! [​IMG]

11. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    Been done since the day after Thanksgiving.

12. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    completely done

13. Scott Strang

Scott Strang Screenwriter

14. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

Haven't started. Only have a few people to buy for. I'm going out at lunch today to pick up a few items. [​IMG] The rest will be an evening this week.

(My wife wanted to go shopping on Saturday...I flat-out said no WAY am I going near anything remotely retail on the last Saturday before Christmas. GAH.)

15. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

I got just about all of my shopping out of the way - whew! Not too many people to buy for: my fiancee, her daughter, my mother, my supervisor at work, and that's that. Also got out 18 Christmas cards over two days as well - whew! If I buy any other Christmas presents, it'll probably be one or two little things at most for my mom.

But as long as I get in turn DS9 Seasons 4-7, the Beatles' Let It Be...Naked, and the deluxe Return of the King CD/DVD set for Christmas, I'll be one very happy camper. [​IMG]

16. James T

James T Screenwriter

I'm done. Last year I did it on the 24th and the selection sucked. The crowd sucked. The parking sucked.

This year, I went last week and while the crowd and parking still sucked, there was plenty to choose from....but I just did my shopping at one store. The only present I bought outside was at Bestbuy since I needed to buy a Gameboy Advance game.

17. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I hate Christmas too and can't wait for it to be over. I have a bunch of stuff ordered and am just waiting for it to arrive. Then I still need a few small gifts for some extended family members. Argh!

I was ready to start knocking heads together at Wal-Mart last weekend. I can only imagine how much worse it will be this weekend. [​IMG]

Then there's wrapping. That's even worse than the actual shopping.

18. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    I finished up my Xmas shopping just before Halloween.

Peace Out~[​IMG]

19. Juan Castillo

Juan Castillo Second Unit

But did you put up your Christmas lights before Thanksgiving??? Thats the real question..

20. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Finished my shopping yesterday. Got the tree this weekend, decorating it tonight. Finishing up the cards on Friday to be mailed Saturday. Shipping gifts Saturday. Making cookies Saturday afternoon.

I'm all set!