What's new

Are You Being Served set 2 glitch? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Hey all,

I know a few people may have got the latest Are You Being Served set, so I thought I'd ask.

On Volume 12, in the Grounds For Divorce episode, at the 0:00:18 mark during the intro, the sound stutters for about 2 seconds, but the video is OK. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for any info...

Jim*F

Stunt Coordinator
I E-mailed BBC America Video about this glitch (it is on my copy as well), and they responded pretty quickly:

"Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, unfortunately, it's a problem with the actual master tape that we used. We at BBC Video strive to find the strongest surviving elements for our DVDs, but unfortunately, older programs were not preserved in the most ideal ways possible for the digital medium.

We are sorry for the incovenience. Please rest assured that we did everything we could to make your viewing experience as pleasant as possible."

So, it appears as though that glitch is in the original soundtrack. Luckily, it occurs during the opening song, so it doesn't really detract from the show itself. I can live with one slight glitch on the original soundtrack for one second out of 69 episodes of a decades old show!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks