What's new

Are you an online cheater? (1 Viewer)

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
Interesting little article about online cheating. I'm interested in knowing how you guys feel about it. I know plenty of people on both sides of the argument.

I for one find it extremely frustrating and hate it. I don't do it. From getting cheap wins in NFL2K5 to spawn camping in Ghost Recon, I see it a lot.

Mike Fassler

Supporting Actor
cheating is rampant in many an online game, I personally dont condone it, I think it takes away from the fun of the game, as a hardcore gamer I enjoy playing often enough to be good at the games I play, and try and make a point to enjoy my gaming experiences good or bad. There is always gonna be a few bad apples trying to ruin it for others its just part of life i suppose.

Kami

Screenwriter
Wow - I didn't know cheating had gotten so bad since I haven't touched Halo 2 since I got World of Warcraft back in March.

The good thing about WoW is constant patches, and if there is a way to cheat, you are caught and banned for doing so. I have never been the victim of a cheat in this game, I guess because all information is server-side, only large pieces of data like textures and sound are local.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Cheating will always be in online games. Afew years back, Counterstricke was plagues with tons of these which is why a bunch of good players left the community including me. I however have never even tried to cheat. Like Mike says, it takes away the fun of it.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Can't stand it. The cheat fixes for Halo helped some, but there are still plenty of cheaters out there. They ban people to but most don't care if they get banned because they just start another account.

Just as bad is the $^$^^ who like to kill themselves or people on their teams to get their jollies. I can't understand the whole "I'm going to kill myself over and over so my levels go down, then I can make my penis feel larger by destroying newbies" or whatever their reasoning is behind doing this. Seems like half the team slayer games I try and play suck because somebody thinks it's fun to suicide over and over.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Cheaters suck.

But just like in life, there are always those who do things just cos they think they can get away with it.

I do agree though, I just don't "get" the thrill. Yay, I can piss people off, and I can kill them by cheating! Yay! I'm special! I'm someone! :rolleyes

The amazing thing is how over-seriously people take it. I mean, it's a game. Getting more kills makes you, what, a better human being? Come on, grow up. It's a game, and we don't even get paid for it. Athletes can take their games seriously because their livelihood depends on winning. This is recreation. For fun.

But apparently not for these guys...

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
By the way, for any offensive behavior (racism, etc.) and cheating I always leave negative feedback via XBox live. One report isn't enough to ban someone but if the community adheres to at least a little bit of a moral code and report cheaters and abusive people, we can at least keep the place a little cleaner for those of us who just want to have some good clean fun. And no, I'm not a puritan, I drop some F- and S- bombs too, but you know the offensive behavior I'm talking about...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks