What's new

Are you afraid of the dark? (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Anything bad enough to harm you in the dark won't suddenly become less harmful in the light.
Gee, thanks for telling me that! And I was so relieved to see sunlight streaming through my window when I got up this morning. Wait.....what's that noise.....ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
If I were afraid of the dark, I wouldn't be able to develop my black & white films. When you take the film out of the cartridge and load it on to the developing tank's spool, it has to be done in TOTAL DARKNESS otherwise whatever stray light is present in the room could fog up the film. Even a safelight isn't "safe" for film material.

Unfortunately, ever since I moved into my loft with the huge windows three years ago, I haven't had the chance to develop anything lately. Even at night there's too much stray light coming in from the streets. I really need to find a practical way to isolate the bathroom one of these days...

Afraid of the dark? I NEED the dark!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks