What's new

Are You Afraid of the Dark? season one available now (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Unbelievably awesome...this totally made my day. Made my first purchase at Amazon.ca; I don't know if I even watched seasons 6 or 7 but I'll buy them since they'll be released in the U.S. it seems. Thanks Gord and Dave! :D

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
If they sell well in the U.S. via internet purchases. Maybe Nickelodeon will finally realise all of the money they are missing out on.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
This news kicks ass! I just ordered. According to xe.com/ucc it ran me $32 after shipping...with my luck, this will get announced for the US the same week my order arrives, for $20 :)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

I doubt it; after talking to Direct Source it doesn't sound like Nick has plans to release it in the US... at least not now.

Gord

Tabetha

Agent
Wow! This is awesome news! I'll have to wait a bit to order it though since I don't have extra oney right now. Hopefully they won't run out!

Tabbi

Wezzo

Second Unit
Ordered as soon as I saw the news story.

Thank you, Direct Source, thank you.

(And thanks TVShowsOnDVD.com as ever!)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Is this some sort of prank someone at TV.com set up, or are there new episodes of AYAOTD? currently airing (possibly on a network other than Nickelodeon)? Sometimes I see the last episode as "The Tale of the Night Nurse" and other times it's "The Tale of the Shimmering Shell," which apparently first aired in March 2006. What's going on?

Nick=Ma

Stunt Coordinator

People have been submitting fake episodes to TV.com and they have been getting approved. New episodes are not airing.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Season 1 arrived today and I'm about to sit down to watch the first episode. It's shrinkwrapped pretty strangely; you can look at the entire fold-out package before you even take it out of the shrinkwrap...and they didn't really make an effort to make the packaging season 1-related; as most of the monsters pictured (even those on the discs) are from later seasons.

It's a digipack but there's no holder for it. The only bonus feature is "Episode Synopses."

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Got mine on Monday and have only watched the first two episodes. I must say that I agree about the packaging, it was odd to say the least heh. I don't remember too many details about the series so I don't know if stuff has been changed, but if it holds up, I will be buying the rest.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The only difference from the original airings is the theme song. It starts off the same way but turns into a bunch of clips from various episodes of different seasons. Not a big deal but a little weird.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

Guess not. Just watched "The Tale of the Prom Queen" last night, and the original song at the ending (the Platters' "In the Still of the Night") is replaced by some generic music. Not really a big deal in the scheme of things but somewhat of a disappointment.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I emailed Direct Source asking about season 2; they said that it will probably come out this fall and because of the great response to season 1, they may include some bonus features, possibly some commentaries or featurettes. Let's hope so!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks