What's new

Are you a beginner to home theater in 2022? We are looking for folks to talk to on HTU! (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
If you are building one of your first setups for home theater recently give me a pm. Am looking for a few folks to come on and talk about how they are managing!

Herman_tj

Auditioning
Real Name
Herman
Hi Sam,

I'm new here. And doing my first setup for my small home theater. I use Projector Epson EB-W06, AV Receiver Denon AVR-X550BT, and Denon 5.1 speakers.
Then I want to be able to watch netflix, youtube, etc. Basically like android tv but with a projector.
Do you know what Android TV Box that compatible with Denon AVR-X550BT ?
Because I already bought a Xiaomi Stick TV, but turns out it's not compatible with Denon AVR-X550BT.

When I plugged it to Denon, it only lights up for a moment, then dies. I restarted it, and the result was the same.

Maybe you know any solution to my problem?
My goal is can watch netflix, youtube, other movie app from google play, with projector, and surround sound.

Thanks in advance.

Herman

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Hey Herman, welcome to HTF. Not mugh help with your tech problem sorry, I recommend you start an independent thread with a title that nails the conflict. Once you get up and running and want to talk about your setup please give me a PM!

Herman_tj

Auditioning
Real Name
Herman
Hey Herman, welcome to HTF. Not mugh help with your tech problem sorry, I recommend you start an independent thread with a title that nails the conflict. Once you get up and running and want to talk about your setup please give me a PM!
Thanx for the reply Sam 🙂

Dave Hahn

Premium
Real Name
Dave Hahn
Hey Sam, long time no see! I just put together an entirely new home theater. My projector burned out, my Ascend Accoustics CBM speakers were going flat, and my avr didn't do any of the new fun stuff like Atmos or DTS-X so it was time.

I ended up with a budget 75" tv, an Insignia F30 series 4k UHD. After calibrating with Spears & Munsil I like the results. I picked up a Denon AVR-S760H-R and ended up with ELAC Debut.2 speakers, front, center and rear, with a single pair of ELAC Atmos speakers.

Now I'm looking for a decent 4k blu ray player and am thinking about the NVIDIA Shield for streaming, but I'm having trouble deciding because I just don't understand this "new stuff." LOL

I have a thread over in Streaming and Playback Devices if you want to check out the conversation. Todd has been trying to help me, but I'm to dense! Hard to teach an old dog new tricks!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Hey Sam, long time no see! I just put together an entirely new home theater. My projector burned out, my Ascend Accoustics CBM speakers were going flat, and my avr didn't do any of the new fun stuff like Atmos or DTS-X so it was time.

I ended up with a budget 75" tv, an Insignia F30 series 4k UHD. After calibrating with Spears & Munsil I like the results. I picked up a Denon AVR-S760H-R and ended up with ELAC Debut.2 speakers, front, center and rear, with a single pair of ELAC Atmos speakers.

Now I'm looking for a decent 4k blu ray player and am thinking about the NVIDIA Shield for streaming, but I'm having trouble deciding because I just don't understand this "new stuff." LOL

I have a thread over in Streaming and Playback Devices if you want to check out the conversation. Todd has been trying to help me, but I'm to dense! Hard to teach an old dog new tricks!
The Debut 2 are very nice. Great value. Are you using a sub?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks