What's new

Are we ever going to see "High Road to China" (1 Viewer)

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
Does Warner bros still have the rights to it? If so I wish we could get this to the top of the release list. In an anamorphic OAR of course.

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
WB was only the theatrical distrib. This was produced by CBS' (2nd) short-lived attempt to make theatrical features.

As such, a DVD release would be through Paramount.

Jo_C

Second Unit
"High Road To China" was actually produced by China-based Golden Harvest Films, not CBS. Warner Bros. did indeed have theatrical rights, and for a time, home-video as well (don't know if they still have home video rights). The television rights are currently held by ITC/Carlton America. So I seriously doubt Paramount would have home video rights, unless Lions Gate would now have them.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Just saw this on one of the movie channels (ie-HBO,etc) and would love to see this movie released on dvd. Although, judging by the version I saw on tv. The picture needs a lot of cleanup.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
I wouldn't mind seeing High Road to China paired with another Tom Sellick vehicle and a fine period piece, Lassiter. I haven't seen either film since they were released theatrically. Lassiter I get a kick out of seeing Jane Seymour sprawled out nude across the bed chattering on obliviously while gnawing on a chicken wing -- or was it a drumstick.

Who controls Lassiter now?

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I used to watch both movies a lot when I was a kid, since we had friends in the states recording stuff for us when we lived in Germany, and those were a couple of the films we got, partially because my mother was a big fan of Magnum PI.

I wouldn't mind seeing both films again.

Jason

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I went to Golden Harvest's site. And emailed asking about the movie. Haven't heard back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks