What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Are TV shows beginning with an F cursed? (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
At Warner Bros., the opposite is the case. Their F shows got priority over everything else.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
At Warner Bros., the opposite is the case. Their F shows got priority over everything else.

If that indeed is the case, then why did Friends come all the way out, and all those others mentioned in the OP not?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Because except for Falcon Crest (which, based on picture quality reviews of what actually has come out, is in desperate need of remastering), they weren't from Warner Bros. That travesty, Full House, and Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, which is better than either of those turkeys, were. They also own Family Matters. Isn't that complete by now?

tlc38tlc38

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Trent
just noticed that most of these are stuck in limbo
Falcon Crest
Fall Guy
Fame
Family
Fantasy Island
Flying Nun
I've owned season 1 of "Falcon Crest" forever and never watched a single episode.

I would like to see "The Flying Nun" completed.

tlc38tlc38

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Trent
Just checked and it seems a majority of the shows I want released/completed begin with "M'.

Mr. Belvedere
Murphy Brown
My Two Dads
Mayberry RFD
Major Dad
MADtv

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
Well considering "Frasier" and "Friends" both made all their seasons on DVD ("Friends" even made it to Blu-Ray)…..so I don't think it's with shows that start with the letter "F" that are cursed. I do think shows that are considered B & C level (to the studios as far as making money.....not to the fans/consumers) that are cursed. A fine example of this would be the four main 80's Prime time soap. "Dallas" and "Dynasty" both have all their seasons out on DVD. Whereas "Knots Landing" and "Falcon Crest" have only a few seasons out. Studios compare the level of popularity of the show compared to the costs to produce the DVD/Blu-Ray sets. If it's not worth their bottom line.....it's a no go. "Dallas" and "Dynasty" were shows that were big back in the 80's and the studios knew sales would be good. They tested the sales for "Knots Landing" and "Falcon Crest" and they didn't meet the level of sales they wanted (even though there is a fan base for both shows.....just not like "Dallas" and "Dynasty"). I know music rights have been a great factor in the cost for "Knots Landing" for not coming out on DVD, But Warner Brothers was also factoring the sales of seasons One and Two (the only 2 seasons that were released) when t.v shows on DVD's were at a high point of being released. Warner compared sales of "Knots Landing" to "Dallas", and that's where Warner Brothers dropped the ball on "Knots Landing". Hopefully soon though, Warner Brothers will have a change of plans and go now by "What's the fan base" and with limited amount of shows left to come out on DVD, have lower expectations for sales (maybe make them on a MOD program like the Warner Archives or make a limited edition of the series). Crossing my fingers!!! :)

Wonderfrog68

Agent
Real Name
Pascal
Maybe Shout will resume Fantasy Island in the future. They might finish off a The Flying Nun. Warner said they would release the 4th season of Falcon Crest years ago.... remastering issues, apparently...shame!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandallFlagg
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale