What's new

Are they ever going to release Barbara Eden's tv movies on dvd? (1 Viewer)

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Is anyone else interested? I know some of them are out there but she did so many that haven't been released at all on dvd.

Condominium

Guess Who's Sleeping In My Bed

The Stepford Children

The Feminist and The Fuzz

A Howling In The Woods

Let's Switch

The Girls In The Office

Return Of The Rebels

Hell Hath No Fury

Dead Man's Island

not to mention the 2 Jeannie reunion movies.

Just thought I'd create a post for those interested.

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
I'm interested in anything with Barbara Eden, especially the Harper Valley tv series & Chattanooga Choo Choo.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I missed those 2 on my list but definitely would love to see them come out on dvd. Apparently, she also did 2 pilots ("The Barbara Eden Show" & "The Toy Game") which I would love to see as a bonus feature. Hmmm, I wish MPI would take on such a task. They could do the Barbara Eden Film Collection series.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I don't remember it that well, but I think it was like a "Rosemary's Baby" lite, but it was popular enough to spring up as an archive selection. The unsettling thing about the title or storyline is that, in Eden's real life, she apparently carried a baby that already had died within her to term in the 60s on the very bad advice of a (demented) gynecologist. I wonder if she'll discuss this in her upcoming autobiography coming out soon.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
What...nobody's brought up Harper Valley PTA? Let's have a good release; maybe with the tv series in a big boxed set as well--

Executive

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Margulis
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley

I saw every episode of Harper Valley back in the early 1980s when I was in my teens. The TV series was much funnier than the movie Barbara did in 1978. Over two years passed before it was developed as a TV show with Barbara again the headliner. Definitely worth the price of 2 seasons of DVD sets, including the episode where sexy Stella Johnson gets locked out of her house early in the morning in her short nightie and pink slippers (only to be leered at by the typically drunken Mayor (played by series regular George Gobel)!

The basic concept is that cosmetics saleswoman and single mom Stella and her teenage daughter Dee are the only moral people in the small town of Harper Valley, while the snooty PTA members and the mayor are the misfits and lowlifes who try to brand Stella the troublemaker because they envy her normalcy. They say it's because she didn't fit their "mold" of how a person should live in their small town. Their efforts to expose Stella and kick her out of the PTA usually backfire, as she manages to turn the tables on them -- particularly on aging Flora Simpson Reilly (played by the late Anne Francine) who is jealous of the woman.

Fannie Flagg of MATCH GAME was also wonderful as Stella's best friend who often helped her in their various schemes to outwit the other PTA members.

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Originally Posted by Executive

I saw every episode of Harper Valley back in the early 1980s when I was in my teens. The TV series was much funnier than the movie Barbara did in 1978. Over two years passed before it was developed as a TV show with Barbara again the headliner. Definitely worth the price of 2 seasons of DVD sets, including the episode where sexy Stella Johnson gets locked out of her house early in the morning in her short nightie and pink slippers (only to be leered at by the typically drunken Mayor (played by series regular George Gobel)!

That episode is the reason I want the series. The youtube clip of the scene seems to be missing a shot I thought I remembered. I think it was "tamed" after the initial airing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks