What's new

Are these good surround speakers? (1 Viewer)

JedW

Agent
Hey everyone,

Let me start off by saying this forum is a great learnig tool and seems to be full of good people. Now on to the question... I am upgrading the old cheap Dolyby pro logic system in the next couple of months and I was interested in getting some dipole surrounds. A salesman recommended the Paradigm dipoles(see picture) Cinema series adp and after a listen, I liked them myself. However, this was in thier super listing room and I didn't listen to any other brands yet. So I was wondering If anybody has any suggestions on other brands or experiences with this speaker. They wanted $270 a pair for them. Is that a good price? Any info will be much appreciated.

Lee Carbray

Second Unit
I liked them myself
Jed, I think you answered your own question. All that matters is that you like them. However you are correct that in the store and in the home can be a different story. Does the store have a return policy, you may be able to take them home and try then out. I do not know about the price but Paradigm makes a good quality product and is highly regarded on this forum.

Other brands that usually get the nod around hear are PSB, Axiom, Energy, Klipsch, Kef, JBL, etc.

Are you changing your front three as well? This may influence you surround purchase in order to have a matching system.

Good luck,

JedW

Agent
Thanks for your reply. However I went back and looked at the paperwork that the guy gave me and I was mistaken on the speaker. I listened to that one, but he priced me a different on ADP-70. I looked it up on the net and it didn't get glowing reviews. I then stumbled upon wharfedale wh-2 speakers. They look really good and the price is much more appealing at 100 bucks or so for a pair.

Does Anybody have any experience with these?

Mat_M

Stunt Coordinator
People can tell how much they love or dislike a speaker, but ya just have to listen to them yourself.:) The hardest thing to do is have patience when looking for speakers because we all get the feeling to act on impulse and get the coolest looking thing, or best priced item we see. But the smartest thing to do is get out there and audition them yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks