Are these good speakers?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Anthony_I, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Anthony_I

Anthony_I Stunt Coordinator

well, I think i will probably just save my money and a bunch of hassle and buy a set of floorstanders.

I simply want to know if the JBL ND310II Northridge Series on acousticsounddesign.com are good speakers, the specs seem to match what i need pretty well, just wanted some opinions, thats all [​IMG]

though in Canadian dollars it will probably cost me closer to $600 or more.
    plus im open to suggestions [​IMG]

thanks

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Specs, while they may not be TOTALLY meaningless, are very far behind SOUND quality in terms of importance. And sound QUALITY, depends on your preference in what you like, so without listening i can't TELL you that they are going to be great, or crap, to you. They seem fine enough, though you are in canada, so i would STRONGLY recommend you go listen to some Canadian brands like Paradigm, axiom, etc.

IMO, they'll be much better than the JBLs. Then again, that's just my interpretation, but YOU need to go out and listen, or you might as well just throw darts onto a page with speakers and buy what you hit, because without listening, you're buying blindly.

So take your music, find some good specialty dealers, and listen to EVERYTHING that you can possibly get your hands on that's even remotely near your pricerange (below AND above), you'll end up with what YOU like, and you'll be all the wiser in having heard a large variety of speakers.

Good luck! [​IMG]

3. KostaVan

KostaVan Extra

The best speakers are built in Canada...while the best trucks and subs are built in the USA [​IMG] Look at Axiom, Energy, Paradigm for speakers and SVS for sub. [​IMG]

4. Jason.Soko

Jason.Soko Stunt Coordinator

Canada does make some really quality audio equipment, although I would beg to differ on those Paradigms. I would trade up for PSB's in that price range any day. Almost all of my gear is from Canadian manufacturers.