Are these good prices for Denon 1803/2802?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Olsen, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Brian Olsen

Brian Olsen Agent

A friend of mine is looking to buy a new receiver, and a local shop has the Denon's we are looking at.

1803 = $499
    2802 = $699

He doesn't mind shopping online, but since I am new to the forums, I'm not sure where to shop.

Any help/advice would be openly welcomed.

Thanks,
    Brian Olsen

2. Jeff Braddock

Jeff Braddock Second Unit

Brian,
    The 1803 is list price and the 2802 is $100 under list. To see msrp and other stuff, check out their website atwww.denon.com Also, do a dealer locater search on their website to make sure your dealer is authorized.

3. Modena

Modena Stunt Coordinator

4. Brian Olsen

Brian Olsen Agent

Thanks much! That was what I was looking for.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Curt Gilker

Curt Gilker Agent

6. Barry BB

Barry BB Stunt Coordinator

I paid $700 for a 2802 right when they first came out a little over a year ago. $699 is an OK price but with newer models coming out you might want to think about it before buying it. You should also compare the 2802 and 1803 specs on Denon's web site. I may be wrong but I think that the 1803 now has a 32 bit processor while the 2802 has a 24 bit processor. But there may be things that the 2802 has that the 1803 does not have so you need to consider the trade offs.

That being said, the 2802 is a very good receiver for its class.

7. Gil D

Gil D Supporting Actor

Brian,
    Check with HiFiBuys/Tweeter in Illinois for a price drop on the 3802. The sister store here in MA(Tweeter) usually drops the price to clear out last years model when the replacement model (AVR-3803) is on the shelves. The clearance price is usually around $630 and the time is right about now!

8. Aaron Whitaker

Aaron Whitaker Stunt Coordinator

I paid $369 for my 1803 off of ebay. Just make sure wherever you buy that the Denon warranty is covered. Denon won't back their warranty if it is purchased off of some online and ebay retailers. The people I got it from are liscensed Denon retailers and they have an actual HT shop, so they provided a receipt as if I had bought it at there store. This will come in handy if the Denon goes bad and I take it into an authorized Denon shop in my area. On Denon's website, they talk about the warranty issue. I did my research and asked about the warranty before I bought it. For $369, I'm very happy.

9. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

I got the 1803 for $359 shipped at H&R deals (Yahoo! merchant) - just search for 1803 and sort by price, theirs should be one of the lowest.