What's new

Are these future HD DVD's cancelled? (1 Viewer)

Med

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone heard anything about the Sweeney Todd HD release? I only pre-ordered it a couple of days ago and it's due out in little over a month, I hope this one makes it.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
It's one of the titles that's part of the "news embargo" until March 4, which distros are saying translates to "re-announcing for both formats."

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Anything official on Dragon Tiger Gate? That was supposed to come out yesterday, but it's gone to "ask to be alerted when this title becomes available" status on Amazon and there's no longer any sign of it on the Tai Seng website.

Signs don't look good for that one (pity, it would only have run me $15 or so to see Donnie Yen kicking people in HD).

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Why in the hairy monkey's ass are you even looking at the Tai Seng website? Try DDDHouse.com play-asia.com. Don't support a shitty redistribution company such as Tai Seng when you can actually buy the title directly from the people who actually made the disc. Thank you. Like my signature says...(Never buys any Tai Seng.)

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
So wouldn't import the actual product and get hamfisted over a redistributed one? Amazon isn't any indication as to who the actual distributor is if the source of the actual product is from Hong Kong. Do yourself a favour, sell of ALL of the crap Tai Seng redistributed hoo hah and do more research through DVDCompare.net and other comparison sites. Believe me, once you've found out how much money you're wasting on Tai Seng product when the actual merchandise goes for way cheaper, your wallet is gonna go rabid on you.
There are infinitely superior DVD's compared to every single Tai Seng release out there. They should file a cease and desist to Tai Seng.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
And me too!

Bee movie is cancelled for HD DVD too :frowning:. I know it will eventually be on BD, but my guess is we won't see it until summer at the earliest.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
The "Bee Movie" thing doesn't make sense to me. I mean, this has probably already been pressed and packaged. The title is set for release in just under 2weeks.

Brian Sheffield

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian

Just like the Blades of Glory blu-ray fiasco last fall.

Paramount and Dreamworks sure don't treat their high def customers very well.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
RE: Tai Seng, I don't know how true it is -- though I tend to believe it (probably as much as I believe that big payouts were/are made w/ the various HDM exclusives ;) :D) -- but they are supposedly tied to (and/or run by) the Triads, ie. Chinese mafia, besides charging over-the-top prices for redistributing DVDs, etc. And yes, often their redistributed DVDs are inferior to what you can actually get for less whether via direct import or buying locally from certain importers in various local Chinatowns (here in the USA).

_Man_

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
FYI,

Jesse James
Valley of Elah
Michael Clayton

all shipped.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz

I am willing to bet that it will be some time before we see any displays that can handle that resolution. And since 1920 X 1080 is high end right now and that is what the industry is pushing. I would not look for that kind of resolution to be pushed for 10 - 20 years from now. With as good as 1080p HD looks I do not think very many people would hold out for or expect 7680 × 4320 anytime soon. But from the stand point of someone who loves technology I would love to see that kind of video resolution some day to see how it looks. Hopefully it will happen before I am to dam old to enjoy what it can offer. ;) :laugh:

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam

I don't think so, I don't think this ever went to production. I'm sure the authoring happened, but I've been checking with various sources over the last week, and none of them received a check disc which happens before actual disc production is signed off on and starts. I wonder if DWA was trying to sort everything out with Toshiba before they did any additional work past authoring. If they had worked it out, they would have had to push back the HD DVD release date.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks