Are there two versions of the fast and the furious?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Keith_R, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    I went to add The Fast and the Furious to my DVD Profiler wishlist and two versions of this DVD came up in their database. One version had a release date of 1/3 and the other had the release date of 1/2. The only other difference was that the version released on 1/3 did not include the interactive game and was called a Collectors Edition. I find this odd. What is going on? are there two versions out there? maybe Universal is doing their typical CE than UE right before the sequel?!thanks.

2. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

I've only heard of the one version. Perhaps they created two entries, one when it was an early preorder and another when they had more concrete details. The best way to check is to look at another online store such as Amazon or Buy.com to see how many versions they have. They both usually have everyting released, certainly something as promoted as Fast and the Furious.

3. MaxY

MaxY Guest

Best Buy had two versions but I did not really look them over carefully. They were both the same price but one had a Key Chain inside the wrap.

Max

4. Scott-C

Scott-C Supporting Actor

I was told by a Best Buy employee that the two version were the same as far as the content on the DVD; the only difference was that they packaged some of them with keychains, while others didn't have the keychain.

Don't forget that the info on DVD Profiler is entered by actual users and may at this point be incomplete or even incorrect.

5. David Ki

David Ki Agent

Maybe a Canadian version, they may get a different insert.

6. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

Damn, I would have liked the keychain, but WalMart did not have the one with the keychain. I would have waited but the nearest Best Buy or any city with a decent population is 110 miles. [​IMG]

7. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

DVD Profiler often has multiple entries for discs. People mistype upc's, etc. AFAIK there is only one version.

8. Paul Bartlet

Paul Bartlet Stunt Coordinator

Well, after viewing this tonight, I would say there is a 2nd version, it's called "Point Break" with Patrick Swayze, Gary Busey, Keanu Reeves [​IMG]
    Released with Cars instead of Surfboards, and here you have 2nd version.
    I call it stealing, but anyhow, [​IMG] to Fast and Furious.