What's new

Are there TOO much DVDs coming out these days? (1 Viewer)

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Part of the great thing of collecting movies is to have them right at your fingertips
Exactly. I may not watch something like Love In the Afternoon more than once or twice a year, but when I do want to watch it, it's there. I don't have to leave the house, I don't have to order it and wait...I just put it in and watch.
As to the question-No, I don't think there are too many. I'm certain that if I so desired, I could make out a wish list of titles I want released that would make me faint. You should turn the question around and give it thanks. The glut of films being released shows that catalogue films are selling pretty well on DVD and that means more money will go towards releasing more titles. I have no problem with that-I don't buy everything in sight. Be selective and buy the films you know you will watch more than twice. Rent it if you won't.
Bruce

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I remember all too well June 1997 as well with only 12 titles in total in Canada to choose from and waiting months before something half decent came down the pipe. Bring on the new releases.

ChrisLee

Stunt Coordinator
Are there TOO much DVDs coming out these days?
I don't think there are too many DVDs coming out. Just buy what you like. If you're compulsive and you need to buy every single dvd...well then I'd hate to be you. The real problem these days are the sheer number of different versions of DVDs that seem to come out. My feeling is do it right the first time. Maybe not economically sound advice for studios but hey, I don't care about their bottom line I care about mine...

John Watson

Screenwriter
There's a whole lotta things I never done
But I never heard of having too much fun!

(Commander Cody)

Redundancy is a concept we don't understand well

Scott_D

Stunt Coordinator
Think yourself lucky in America. Here in R4 land the last DVD I bought was BTTF Box set back at the beginning of August. There has been nothing of interest since then. The majority of DVD releases per week seem to be wrestling dvd's. And wrestling isn't that popular here. All I can look forward to is AOTC in November, and then who knows whats coming. I remember hearing that since DVD debuted 18000 different dvd's have been released in R1 compared with 5000 in R4. Quite a difference.

Anyway in the quiet times I have started buying R1 and R2 dvd's to expand my collection. Currently I'm awaiting:

T2: UE
Pulp Fiction SE
Jackie Brown SE
Futurama Season 2 Box Set

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks