What's new

Are there MP3 Standards on DVD Players? (1 Viewer)

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I'll get to the root of the question quick. I have two different DVD players, both of which are MP3 compatible, but one just clumps all of the files together regardless of whether they are located in sub-folders or not (TOSHIBA), while my primary player allows me to branch into specific directories (YAMAHA).

My question is, how do you know how a particular player handles MP3s without actually trying it out. Is there a standard that can be referenced in the player's specifications?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
That's kind of what I was thinking.

I'm trying to set up a new system for my parents, and I want to make everything as smooth and clean as possible, while still allowing me to visit them and have most of the functionality of home.:D

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I have a Sony MP3 boombox and JVC mp3 car CD player, and both have a folder up/down along with the standard track up/down. Every MP3 capable CD/DVD player should have these extra folder buttons at a minimum.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps you might read the manual online. Crutchfield's and Amazon usually include a link to PDF versions of the manual.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Good idea Jeremy. I often do that to look at hook-up options, but for some reason, I never thought about it for this.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks