are there ANY stryper fans here?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew s wells, Oct 29, 2002.

1. Andrew s wells

Andrew s wells Second Unit

I just did a search, and it seemed everyone who commented on stryper seemed glad they are no longer together. In my opinion they had some of the best vocal harmonies, and some incredible guitar harmonies as well. Not sure if most only heard the more radio friendly stuff, but they did have some rockin tunes (a far cry from bands like poison)...especially the "soldiers" album. heck even to hell with the devil had some kickin tunes..the way....more than a man......and that scream at the end of "the way" ....amazing..... so, any fans?

2. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

You are not alone, Andrew! I still have my copies of To Hell with the Devil and In God We Trust. My how the years pass...
    At the time, I very much enjoyed their polish and power approach. This was primarily due to Robert Sweet's drum mix. I was playing semi-professionally (as a drummer) and always envied his big (yet, clean) sound!
    My favorite tracks were certainly "radio-friendly," but that was the best they ever had to offer. [​IMG]
    Calling On You
    Free
    Honestly (my wife's favorite)
    Always There For You
    I Believe In You

3. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

Stryper ruled back in the day. Never got credit that they were due based on the fact they were a Christian act. I fell for the "Grunge" revolution back in the early 90's and sold a lot of my metal recordings and these two are some of the ones I miss the most.

4. Andrew s wells

Andrew s wells Second Unit

Cool. Glad there are more fans out there. I got to go to jersey in june 2000 to the stryper expo and see the guys together for the first time in nearly 10 years. Got to meet all of them this time (Saw them in fayetteville in '88) and really super nice people. surely deserve more credit than they get most of the time.

5. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer

I've still got my copies of Soldiers Under Command and To Hell with the Devil. I listen to them every so often. I can't remember the name of the EP but my girlfriend at the time used to listen to "My Love I'll Always Show" over and over and over.

I saw them at The Channel in Boston on the To Hell with... tour. I was in the second row right in front of the speaker stack. I couldn't hear out of my right ear for almost a day.