What's new

Are there any Southern California meets in the near future? (1 Viewer)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Sheesh Brian, I'm so motivated by Hidef Raiders! :) Will you pick up Showgirls on D-VHS if it comes out, so it doesn't have "whiteouts"? :D

Brian-W

Screenwriter
Well, sounds like we have definite interest from five:

- Robert

- John G

- Allen

- Tom

- Anthony

Anyone else? Please, only commit if you truly plan on coming. If you're not sure, or your plans are likely to change, don't commit to coming. Last time cancellations came in as the event drew closer. Forget that it's not fair to me, but wasn't fair to the two people who showed up hoping to meet other HTF'rs. We went from 9 to just 2.

So, just need a consensus on which day. Saturday or Sunday, and preferred times. Sounds like we have interest in D-VHS for viewing, no problem there.

-Brian

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I'm comfortable with either day, but I'll pick Saturday as my first choice. Raiders sounds great in D-VHS!

Brian-W

Screenwriter
We'll see what day garners the most interest.

Also, times? I was thinking starting around 1pm. We can do all the demo stuff, get that out of the way, then actually watch something (like Raiders or others).

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
1 will do for me. Did we want to pitch in for pizza or something? Watching this stuff works up an appetite :)

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Brian,
I would love to come if it is held on Sunday the 8th, because I already have a commitment on that Saturday. The only problem is, I won't know for sure that I have Sunday off until Wednesday afternoon. If you still have a spot then, I would love to come. Your theater was amazing before, I can't believe you have D-VHS now too! :eek:

Brian-W

Screenwriter
Seems like there is an even amount of support for Saturday/Sunday, so we'll see which day ultimately.

Here's the latest round of equipment since the last meet:

- HTPC replaced by Pioneer DV-S733 DVD-A/SACD player, plus has SDI output (SDI scaler en-route)

- Pioneer HLD-X9 Hi-Vision laserdisc player replaced with Pioneer HLD-X0 Hi-Vision laserdisc player (sucker weighs 80 pounds!)

- Not one, but 2 JVC D-VHS decks have been added

- Lexicon MC-1 replaced with Lexicon MC-12b

- 4 seat couch added (came a week after initial meet)

So there is plenty to play with.

-Brian

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
Hey guys, I can make it if it is held on Saturday the 6th, the 7th is my birthday so the family wants to spend it with me. If it is held on Sunday I could come over in the morning I guess and leave early but that is not a defenite. I am also willing to pitch in for some Pizza. I also work for a wine and spirits distributor so let me know what you guys like to drink, it is short notice but maybe I can get something from a supplier.

Tom Young

Agent
Allen and John, If you two wish to carpool I can pick you up at John's house and take us to Brian's house.

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
Tom,

The carpooling is a great idea. I like it!

The pizza thing is great too.

And just like at Ron's screening. I can bring a special disc that compliments the one I brought to Ron's. This time it would be the supplimental disc to the movie. I haven't even checked it out yet, but it should be cool.

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
If the meeting of the minds is happening on sunday the 7th, it would be a definite go for me. If it is held on saturday, I can only give a maybe til next week.

AllenD

Second Unit
Tom and John,

Carpooling sounds good.

Brian,

If there's anything I can bring, just let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks