Are there any Southern California meets in the near future?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Anthony_Gomez, Mar 8, 2002.

1. Have never been to a meet save for one at the southern California Bass List Meeting...so if there are any plans, I would be interested!

2. Dave Crigna

Dave Crigna Stunt Coordinator

From all the posts of the other people, it looks like socal is slacking on the meets. We need to get something together soon. Hey Anthony isn't there another Ca. bass list meeting coming up? I think I read somewhere that there was one happening in april.

3. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    count me in. Ill be in San Diego from March 20-28, then probably back every couple of months after that. Please keep me posted.

Gregg

4. If all goes well, the southern california bass list meeting will be held on april 20 or 27th. I haven't heard from steve in a while, so I don't know if all is well. I believe it will be somewhere in the chino/claremont area IIRC.

5. Brian-W

Brian-W Screenwriter

Last time I offered to host a meet, 10 people RSVP'd but as the event drew closer, people began dropping out. Only 2 ended up showing up. I decided wasn't worth setting aside a whole day for this when the amount of attendees was nil.

6. L. W. Cobb

L. W. Cobb Agent

I'd love to see the SoCal HTFers again! David Tolsky has been gracious enough to host two meets, as well as work tirelessly on behalf of the Forum. Let's give him a break, and have another member host a meet. We'll keep checking this page, and hope for the best.[​IMG]

7. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    I hosted one back on Feburary 2nd. The turn out was excellent. I plan on another one, but much more casual than the previous. Not sure of a date yet. I'm shooting for the later part of April. When I land a solid date, I'll start a thread.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

8. L. W. Cobb

L. W. Cobb Agent

Ron-
    I'm disappointed that I couldn't attend your get-together. I'm sure it was a blast, and should you decide to host another one, no doubt the SoCal HTFers will have a great time.[​IMG]

9. L. W. Cobb

L. W. Cobb Agent

Any other SoCal HTFers wanna step up to the plate and host a meet? Keep us posted![​IMG]

10. Brian-W

Brian-W Screenwriter

Well, I may be persuaded to hold an event next Saturday since the wife/baby will be out of town.
    If anyone is interested, post a reply in this thread. I'm in Laguna Hills, south Orange County.

11. AllenD

AllenD Second Unit

I'll do it. John Gordon and I have been emailing each other back and forth for the last few months saying we should get together. We just might be able to do that. I'll start tossing the idea around hosting a meet with the WAF. At this point, I'm 90% approved. [​IMG] I just need a date.
    I can only seat 6 comfortably. A few can sit on chairs if needed. If you look at my HTF home theater pics, you can see my couch is off-set to the right side of the room. If anyone has any idea on how to build a temporary/portable riser for the love seat, shoot me an email with specs., parts list, etc. etc... I can put the love seat on the riser and place the couch in front of it. (Which means I have to raise my rears a bit.) Leg room might be an issue for the love seat to keep the couch closest to ideal viewing distance. Tell me what you think so I can prepare for the meet.
    I'm up for anything: vote on the DVD you'd like to see, watch some HD, trading, pizza, pot luck, poker, beer, you name it. How about watching a DTS-ES/THX-EX title? I'd like to hear how the room and my DTR 7.2 sounds in either format, but it's not a must.

12. John A. Gordon

John A. Gordon Stunt Coordinator

JohnG
    Yeah, another meet. I like it! Mention a time and date and I'll be there--depending of course if no other plans are made.

13. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Count me in to Allen. Just let me know a date several weeks ahead of time so I can make arrangements for babysitting if needed.
    Brian, I'd love to attend, but I'll cannot as I have plans for golfing. If those change, I'll chime in here.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

14. AllenD

AllenD Second Unit

Brian,

I'd like to attend, but I have plans. Let me know what time you're having your meet, maybe I can make it.

15. Brian-W

Brian-W Screenwriter

I'm just seeing if there is any interest in a last minute local meet. That's all. Until there is sufficient interest, nothing's for sure.

So anyone who can make it next Saturday or Sunday, chime in. If there's enough interest, then I'll finalize it. That's Saturday April 6 or Sunday April 7th.

I can comfortably seat 8, and a few more not so comfortably. DVD, laserdisc, and D-VHS material available for viewing.

-brian

16. John A. Gordon

John A. Gordon Stunt Coordinator

JohnG
    I think I can make it. Have to check with the Mrs. Will get back to you.

17. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

I'm up for both Brian and Allen (an advantage of being single [​IMG] ).

18. AllenD

AllenD Second Unit

19. Brian-W

Brian-W Screenwriter

I'm sure RobertR would like to view Raiders of the Lost Ark in D-VHS. I have about 2 dozen D-VHS movies and the number is growing.

Of course, if Robert likes, we can watch Showgirls in Hi-Vision !

-Brian

20. AFAIK, I am game! I am in irvine, so it will be a short drive on over.
    Please email me any details to
    [email protected]