What's new

Are there any Rhoda fans out there?? (1 Viewer)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
With the sucess of the Bob Newhart show release, I am hoping that it will breathe new life into some of the other MTM properties. That being said, one of my favorite classics is Rhoda. Are there any other fans of this show out there who would be willing to buy season sets??

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I'd buy season sets of Rhoda.I can't remember much of Phyllis,so I wouldn't buy that.Same for Lou Grant.

Alan Lee UK

Stunt Coordinator
I would buy at least two, if not all of the Rhoda seasons, and at least one Lou Grant season. I've never seen Phyllis, so can't comment on that.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The only Rhoda show I liked was the wedding show where Mary and friends visited. So I would not buy season sets of this show.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

I agree, me too!

It's good to see such intrest in this show.
Depending on the sucess of future MTM releases, I wonder if this one has a shot??

R. Kay

Second Unit
I remember seeing this show in syndication and the prints were terrible.

I would think it would need a serious cleanup.

Joseph_G

Grip
Real Name
Joe
I would definitely buy Rhoda, and Phyllis, too. I regret only taping one or two episodes of each when they were on Nick at Nite around '95-97 (or so?).

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

Yes, I agree, Rhoda was on last year here in Canada, and the prints were terrible. It was as if someone filmed them using a home projection camera in the '70's.

It would give the show an entirely different look if it was cleaned up.

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
IMHO the show went downhill after the wedding episode. A "best of" set would be my choice. YMMV of course.

Robert*C

Auditioning
Amazon.com have a listing for "Rhoda". It's listed as "Rhoda (1974)" - the year the show started. It can be found by just entering "Rhoda" on their search page. The listing states that "the studio is currently not producing this title on DVD, but to be notified when it is available, enter your e-mail address at (the) right".

This is the most important part, amazon.com also state that by entering your e-mail address "you'll also be voting for this release; we'll let the studio know how many customers are waiting for this title".

This is a great opportunity for us "Rhoda" fans to let Fox know that there is interest in a "Rhoda" DVD release. By entering your e-mail address you are under no obligation to buy the product. They will just notify you when it's released and available to pre-order. Anything that helps get "Rhoda" on DVD is a must for me.

I'm very hopeful that "Rhoda" will get a release, with "The Bob Newhart Show" being released and selling well and with "The Mary Tyler Moore - Second Season" being released at a fantastic price which hopefully will see it flying out the stores. Hopefully "Rhoda" will be next on Fox's list.

I agree about the quality of the prints that are currently shown on television. They are in a terrible state. I am watching the first and second seasons that are being shown over here in the U.K. on the Paramount Comedy Channel and they are in really bad shape. The sound is barely audible on some episodes too and is really muffled. A full restoration job would surely need to be done but would Fox be willing to do this?

It would be great someday to have "Rhoda - The Complete First Season" DVD Boxset in my hands. Let's hope that day comes sooner rather than later. :)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Does anyone out there know of an email address that we can communicate this intrest to Fox??

Thanks for the input about the Amazon site! However, I wouldn't tell anyone to get too excited about this. Amazon did the same thing for The Rockford Files early last year, and as far as I know, there still are no plans for that to be released.
However, every little bit helps, so I advise everyone to let Amazon know that you are interested in Rhoda.

Robert*C

Auditioning
I agree not to get too excited about the "Rhoda" listing on amazon.com but it can do no harm for people to enter their e-mail address if they're interested in a DVD release and it's at least better than nothing, and as you say every little bit helps. "The Bob Newhart Show - The Complete Second Season" is also listed too. Not every unreleased TV on DVD show has a listing on amazon.com so it must mean something - or maybe not!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks