What's new

Are there any problems with placing an SVS near an equipment rack? (1 Viewer)

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Topic heading says it all. I imagine the biggest problem would be vibration. I plan on putting my 20-39PCi (# 2833) in the corner and I'd like to move my equipment rack next to it, about a foot away. Is this not a good idea? My only other solution is to put the rack clear across the room and have some LONG cable runs under the floor. That's not my first choice.

Anyone have problems with a rack and an SVS in close proximity?

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
My 20-39CS is next to my equipment rack and I have no problems what so ever. I don't even have a problem when playing music CD's or when watching a DVD at hight volumes. You sould be ok.

MarcVH

Second Unit
I have dual 20-39CS+ subs within a couple feet of my Flexy rack, and haven't encountered problems even when playing DVDs pretty darn loud (bass over 115 dB.) I had concerns when I first set it up, but it's been fine.

Harry Lincoln

Stunt Coordinator
I had two sonosubs next to my equipment rack (DIY- 4 shelves with two componenets on each). At high volumes the shelves on the rack were vibrating against the horizontal supports but it was easily fixed by adding some more welds to the rack. No probs since then, even at insane volumes.

Harry.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the replies.

It sounds like I could put the rack next to the sub. I still wonder about long term effects though. I'm thinking about the possibility of constant vibration and its effects on circuit boards, connections, etc. Then again, maybe I'm just being my normal paranoid self with that fear.

RajeeK

Second Unit
Just to add in, no problems with my dual 16-46+'s about 2 feet away from my rack. As far a problems with circuit boards. I'm not to worried, I figure I will have upgraded equipment by then. And if not, and the SVS do in something that will just give me an excuse to upgrade.:D

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
My SVS is about 2" away from my equipment rack (though it's horizontal, not vertical) and I've had zero problems, even when playing records on the turntable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks