What's new

Are there any portable DVD players that use regular batteries? (1 Viewer)

VinhT

Second Unit
I'm flying to Australia soon, and I've been told that it takes around 24 hours or so. I was thinking it might be a good opportunity to catch up on some DVDs. Problem is, the battery packs that most portable DVD players come with last about 3 hours then need to be recharged. Are there any players out there that use regular batteries? That way I could just stock up on batteries for the trip.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The reason for the rechargeable batteries is that they last longer than regular batteries. This is why you really won't find a portable player that takes 'regular' batteries. They would die within minutes (I assume).

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Some airlines have power ports available for long flights. You could buy an adapter to plug into one of these ports and power the portable in that manner.

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
Other options might be higher capacity batteries (my Toshiba offers a high capacity battery that lasts 50% longer). Another option might be a power pad solution (one example (http://store.breakingnewsproducts.com/tm363.html). You could search around and find similar products I'm sure. I have used portable DVD players on flights to Asia many times (I fly to Thailand at least once a year). Since I can sleep on airplanes I rarely need more than about 12 hours of DVD time.

Kenneth

VinhT

Second Unit
Thanks for the responses. I'll look into the alternative power solutions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks